By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The great sales divide!

Kwaad said:

You can target the nearest enemy BEHIND you? that you CANT see? It's space, it's 3D. Not everything is infront of you. Targeting will NOT work with a pointer.

The Wiimote pointer is better than a mouse? I think not. Plug a mouse into your Wii and see what happens. I get a pointer on my PS3.

What else. the control click method. Good idea. That means the PS3 has around 25 functioning buttons... while the Wii is at 15... Still not enough.

Hmm... Doing a edit on a post ***DESTROYS*** the formatting. How annoying.

Also, with the PS3 controller, I can hold it in 1 hand continue to fly, and use my right hand to use my keyboard. The Wii... I have to sit it in my lap, meaning if I am attacked while it is in my lap, I need to put my hand back down, pick it up, get my hand on it properly. The PS3 controller is as simple as putting your hand back on it, as it is being suspended by your other hand. 

yes, you can target something behind you easily, just as you would in any other game I imagine, by doing something as mind boggling as turning around... also, did i ever say the wiimote pointer was better than a mouse? now I'm not even sure where your getting this from.

control-click method? last time I checked the PS3 has no sort of point'n'click functions. It would all be analog controlled which is much less intuitive.

Honestly I' not sure what the basis is for some of your statements... you seem to pull out random arguments that have no direct or even indirect relation to the topic at hand but persist just to pretend that your making some sort of point.

Also, one last thing, I never said a 2 button game had to have horrible controls to be complex. The original Legend of Zelda has plenty of complex puzzles with nothing but 2 buttons and a D-pad.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
That's about as fair and balanced as Fox News.

Now Loading... Please Wait!

superchunk said:
How do you target behind you now? Press a button to change your view and then aim? That can be done with Wiimote. What about my RTS post?

No, you cant look backwards. Your cockpit dosent have a holo-projector in the back of the ship. You have to slowly turn the ship. Also, a ship at 4k... is kinda small. You cant see them very well... Their about 4pixels wide when running at 1080p.

Go to the website linked in my signature, and go to the forums. Read up on that game, look at the forums. See what people think about the use of the mouse.

Mouse + X = very bad

For Wii games that are complex. That's 6 announced games set to release in 2007. (between now and end of the year)
Space Station, Dewy's Adventure, Final Fantasy CC:CC, Fire Emblem, MP:3, Super Mario Galaxy. 

For PS3 games that are complex.
Lair Assassin's Creed, John Woo Presents Stranglehold, Warhawk, Grand Theft Auto IV, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Devil May Cry 4, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, Heavenly Sword, Killzone PS3, WarDevil 

There's at least 10 for the PS3. I skipped over alot of PS3 games that could have high complexity. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

So Kwaad ...

Can we actually have a real game? The game you describe sounds like it breaks all usuability heuristics

Ok, Funny thing here. Wii pointer = good. Mouse = better.

In a non FPS game, where you want to point at something behind you, you have to slowly turn your ship around. Now if you are flying a capital class ship, your speaking of spending 30 seconds to turn around.  In a fighter I can fly AROUND a capital ship in 30 seconds. Dont gotta target them without seeing them.... ...

Bah, I give up. I'm letting this thead die. The game is more complex than anything I've ever played, and I play every complex game I find. The PS3 wins on complexity. Anyone who opens their eyes to that, isnt a fanboy. The Wii has some major problems for complexity with it's controllers. 

Around the Network

You are still missing the point. That games you list will go to the largest userbase at some point and time. It has nothing to do with the controller or specific people who buy that system. It is a vicious circle. More hardware sales = more 3rd party games = more hardware sales ... and repeat. This happened on the last two ps's. If the current trend continues it will happen on the Wii. Then all those people who bought the ps2 will probably by a Wii as it will have the games.

You still have ignored my RTS post. From what it sounds like the x2 game could be put on the Wii using the Wiimote as a mouse. Sure more people might not have liked the mouse on the pc version, but if that was the only choice then you would use it and still like the game.

Kwaad said:
superchunk said:
How do you target behind you now? Press a button to change your view and then aim? That can be done with Wiimote. What about my RTS post?

No, you cant look backwards. Your cockpit dosent have a holo-projector in the back of the ship. You have to slowly turn the ship. Also, a ship at 4k... is kinda small. You cant see them very well... Their about 4pixels wide when running at 1080p.

Go to the website linked in my signature, and go to the forums. Read up on that game, look at the forums. See what people think about the use of the mouse.

Mouse + X = very bad

For Wii games that are complex. That's 6 announced games set to release in 2007. (between now and end of the year)
Space Station, Dewy's Adventure, Final Fantasy CC:CC, Fire Emblem, MP:3, Super Mario Galaxy. 

For PS3 games that are complex.
Lair Assassin's Creed, John Woo Presents Stranglehold, Warhawk, Grand Theft Auto IV, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Devil May Cry 4, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, Heavenly Sword, Killzone PS3, WarDevil 

There's at least 10 for the PS3. I skipped over alot of PS3 games that could have high complexity. 

...no more heroes, sadness, resident evil: UC, manhunt 2... you forgot lots of complex Wii games. And conveniently didn't provide links to them like you did for the PS3 games, once again showing how fair and balanced you are.

The vast majority of the public has no desire to learn complicated control schemes. Believe it or not, many people just want to plunk down a few moments with their friends and have some fun.

FishyJoe said:
The vast majority of the public has no desire to learn complicated control schemes. Believe it or not, many people just want to plunk down a few moments with their friends and have some fun.

Then agree with what I said at the start

EDIT: Just to correct on what I said. The Wii is aimed at those people, meaning they will LOVE it. The PS3 is aimed at people who are the oppisote. Their almost to the point of not being directly competitiors, their concept is so far apart. 

wii_are_better_than_ said:

...no more heroes, sadness, resident evil: UC, manhunt 2... you forgot lots of complex Wii games. And conveniently didn't provide links to them like you did for the PS3 games, once again showing how fair and balanced you are.

I didnt link them, because I tryed to copy paste with the PS3 ones because I was getting tired of typing them. It did links. I left them. I"ll use them in the future. Feature I didnt know about, and I wasnt going back for the Wii and spending more time to do that.

sadness is NOT a complex game. Your post is null. Still 9Wii, and 10PS3. Want me to count every 3rd party, multiplatform game that has any sign of being complex? Heck, Want me to count *EVERY* game announced? PS3 wins on that too.