By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales half a million in India.

"PS3 has managed half a million since its launch late last year."

Funny thing PC gaming dominates with 90% share, India can quickly become a major market in console gaming.
http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/NewsCom-90199.aspx

WTF???

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

maybe it meant the entire ps family

?........?.........????....?

i love ng4 articles

least they have a decent source i couldnt stand it when they put bioshock confirmation from the blog of some random person.
Same with Lo famitsu score from a forums

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

LOL its gonna have to be alot cheaper to have mass market appeal in India.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Really? Never even knew it was for sale there.

Around the Network

Call me skeptical. I'd need to see more data to believe it. The numbers don't add up, because if India purchased that much, the PS3 would have to be over tracked somewhere else buy a huge amount.

Are you sure they don't mean the PS2?

Last I heard, the PS2 was officially launched in India in 2005 (IIRC) and its launch sales were (something like) 25,000 ... These numbers were pretty high for an official console launch in India being that most people who could afford a console would just buy a modded system and steal the games.

I don't know about India but I see no reason why the ps3 and other consoles shouldn't have more success in China seeing how there is an emerging middle class there especially in the coastal provinces.

Branko2166 said:
I don't know about India but I see no reason why the ps3 and other consoles shouldn't have more success in China seeing how there is an emerging middle class there especially in the coastal provinces.

Because if there isn't pirated software, nobody will buy it. The only way to make profit in China is if the hardware is profitable. 

I cant wait to see those Bollywood movies in Blu Ray.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling