By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 3DS will fail.. because I want one!

When I think of my favorite Nintendo system ever, it would have to be the Nintendo 64. Nintendo had me hooked because they had the best looking games around, finally mixed with great Nintendo franchises. (lets not go into talking about older Nintendo consoles, its a little off topic)

The gamecube came out and was somewhat evolutionary and I bought that system as well.

both of these systems did not have great sales and in respect to the 64, I have no idea why.

It was the best console with the best games imo.

Now the PS3 is somewhat parallel to what the N64 once was. (And I love it, but it also happens to be in 3rd place)

Since I want a 3DS, then that means the hardware is focused on being the best on the market upon its release. This probably means it will be more expensive than alot of people would like. This also means that alot of people will reject the advanced hardware (in this case, the ability to provide 3D pictures, games, and movies) just on principle alone.

The wii is an amazing sales success overall this gen because, lets face it... Nintendo found new markets away from the hardcore gamer like myself.

I argue that the 3DS is doing the exact opposite, and it may come back to bite Nintendo.

how do you say? With such a great piece of tech, and all of those amazing games the 3DS will have? How could a Nintendo handheld not have the best sales ever!!

because I want one.... thats why!

Thoughts?

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

(Quick... must save Nintendo by dissuading Ultraslick. Think, Ringo, think!)

Saaaaaay... have you heard about all the cool things you can do with smartphones these days?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

But even if it's not a runaway success it doesn't matter as if it doesn't (it will) the DS will keep selling.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

it really depends on the software. by the looks of it there's going to be plenty of games for the 'hardcore'.

if that's all it's going to have then yeah, it won't be as successful as the DS family. 

however knowing how much Nintendo like money, i'd expect them to support it with many expanded audience titles similar to Nintendogs, Brain Age, Animal Crossing, etc.

because of that, 3rd parties will also support it with similar titles.

we're seeing lots of 'hardcore' games now because a) the 'hardcore' are usually the early buyers and b) unlike the DSphat launch, Nintendo have allowed 3rd parties ample time to have software available for the 3DS launch.

i think it's still a very long time before Nintendo's portable dominance ends.

While I can't agree on your logic, at least we both agree the N64 deserve much more sales

Around the Network

OMG uhh just wait for the PSP2 it will be so much better... so don't buy the 3DS buy a PSP2 :D ......

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:

OMG uhh just wait for the PSP2 it will be so much better... so don't buy the 3DS buy a PSP2 :D ......

I hope so, it is obvious that Sony is stalling before a PSP2 announcement.

I really have no ideas what their handheld will do to actually try and compete (on a hardcore level) with the 3DS.

it will have to do everything. I am just excited to get MY nintendo back. I may end up owning both.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I also want one.

I hope that it's not too expensive, because that might really hinder its success at first.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

I belive there will be also many "casual" games on 3DS in the future, at the moment Nintendo and 3rd parties are mostly pushing "hardcore" games, just because it's the hardcore gamer the one who buys a console on launch, not the casual one.

Do you know Nintendo ? A company that make games for everyone and is always worried about its products being cheap ?

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!