By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PC sales data

Its great to have sales chart for Consoles/console games.

However, is there anywhere we can find some sales data for PC games?

Around the Network

Well, if you're not working in the video games industry, you'll have no sales figures. Rankings can be found if you look around for US and the UK. What I can say is that the US represents roughly a good third of the PC game market, Europe is bigger (Germany is particulary HUGE).

ioi said:
PC data is even harder to come by than console data, but having said that we are hoping to include PC data in the near future so stay tuned!

Good! I've always been a little interested in how the PC market works myself.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

I'm interested in how the games sell too.  It's pretty much impossible to record hardware sales though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Another tricky thing is that sales don't record all the subscription fees that mmorpgs get. WoW has easily beaten every revenue record, console or pc. But if you were to just go by sales, it wouldn't show the majority of their revenue.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Another tricky thing is that sales don't record all the subscription fees that mmorpgs get. WoW has easily beaten every revenue record, console or pc. But if you were to just go by sales, it wouldn't show the majority of their revenue.

Also, sales date include just  retail, but in the PC market digital delivery is quite big: Steam (Valve's digital delivery platform) alone has over 10 millions of subscribers

Still, any PC sales information would be nice, even if just to compare sales of games not sold digitally. And too bad Valve doesn't release any numbers from Steam.