By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Remember those reviews saying Trauma Center NB was too hard?

They are BULLSHIT. I have been playing this game for 5 hours (or so says my save file) and I am in chapter 5-4. There was not a single mission where I had to retry for more than 3 times. Of course I am a amazing player (please someone slap me before I go on) and my skills are no match. Even so, I remember that I had to retry some missions more than 10 times in the original game (time bomb). Is the second game easy? No fucking way, it is quite challenging. Is it frustating to the point of you giving up entirely? No. There are some tough spots and I have finished some missions with 20-30 seconds left, but the challenge is just right.

So why the crappy reviews? I think the retardeds who reviewed this game have only played 1or 2 chapters in the first game. Everyone knows that TC SO was quite easy until you got to later missions. In TC NB, the difficulty curve goes from walk in the park in chapter 1 to "holy crap" in chapter 2. They had to review at least 20-30% of the game to make it look legit. So TC NB kicked their ass and in retribution they gave it a 5. Really, those missions are not even half as hard as the last missions in the first games. 2 player co-op this time is a bonus, because you can finish some insane missions without much trouble. In the first game, you had to keep trying.

Chapter 2 has 3 brutal missions. Once you figure them out, you will finish them every time. I used gamefaqs for reference on the peacemaker surgery (the one that pissed 1up). My reasons were different. I did not know what to do. Unfortunately this was a problem in TC SO also. The game sometimes is not clear and force you to trial and error. After that I got it on my first try. That is one of the missions where 2p do not help at all. I bet that he forgot to use the ultra sound or did not suture the wounds.

The burnt mission they talk about is a little tough also.  I finished it with 10 to 20 seconds left, but I am not very fast or precise. My hands shake too much. I bet they tried the brute force method then got pissed and used co-op. It is hard to explain, but that mission is impossible if you do not use your brain. I guess they skipped that part and just concluded it was impossible.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

You know how many times ive disagreed with reviewers on great games? Heck name me a game and ill dig into the reviewers

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

You know how many times ive disagreed with reviewers on great games? Heck name me a game and ill dig into the reviewers

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

WTH is with this trauma center. People seem to like it on this site but I watched a gameplay trailer and it looked like the most boring waste of money I have ever layed my eyes on. Another minigame but without variation. Does it play much better than it looks?

Kyros said:
WTH is with this trauma center. People seem to like it on this site but I watched a gameplay trailer and it looked like the most boring waste of money I have ever layed my eyes on. Another minigame but without variation. Does it play much better than it looks?

i only played the first chapter of the game but i have to say i thought it was really fun.  I hope new blood isn't just too hard cause I bought it for my girlfriend for xmas.

Around the Network
Kyros said:

That's like saying Phoenix Wright is a waste of time because you're a lawyer, or Roller Coaster Tycoon is a waste of time because all you do is manage a theme park.  Trauma Centre is different because it is very tense and makes you feel like you have a life in your hands.  With the Wii (or DS), you are physicall interacting with the medical tools, so it feels absolutely amazing when you help the victim pull through in a tough operation.

kitler53 said:
Kyros said:

i only played the first chapter of the game but i have to say i thought it was really fun. I hope new blood isn't just too hard cause I bought it for my girlfriend for xmas.

Single player is tough even for veterans. 2 player co op is a breeze, even if all your GF do is raise the vitals. 2 skilled players on co op can finish hard surgeries very easy.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Kyros said:

First you must find out what a mini game is. TC is some kind of surgery simulator. It plays like old arcade games. You need fast reflexes and precise movements. It has morein common with raiden and Axelay than with some mini game collection.

Satan said:

i dont always agree with reviewers on difficulty

All this bother about it being a difficult game makes me really want it.