By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who believes Wii's successor will have better third party support?

WilliamWatts said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

The sooner this gen is over, the sooner Wii haters can start pretending a more powerful system means the Wii was inconsequential.

They haven't waited...

Oh, of course, but they think that will actually make it true.

Also, this gen has more reason for the HD systems to last longer, since Sony and Microsoft need to make back at least some of the money the lost.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

i believe? nah i am 100% sure it will.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

LordTheNightKnight said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well, it all depends on the console, the market reception to the console, and Nintendo's effort themselves. Without any of those, the 3rd party support could swing in either direction, but likely in the one that rhymes with "clown".

Point is, we can't say what the 3rd party support for an upcoming console will be like until that said console has at least made some sort of appearance. I mean think about it, nobody would have thought pre-PS3 release that Sony would have tarnished as many chances with 3rd Parties as they initially did this gen considering the PS2's success, right?

It's a wait and see game at this point.

dito, but they also proved that they don't need 3rd party support. something Sony and MS can't claim. 

i still don't understand why everybody/gamers are trying to cut this gen short? focus on 2014. Nintendo is still making money on Wii and the chance/possibility of Wii being dead in 2yr's isn't there. focus on what the crafty Nintendo has planed and not Wii2 2011. I'll tell you now it's not going to happen.

new consoles in 2014 is more logical then any other yr.

Nintendo Wii is still strong so don't bet on a Wii2 happening in 2011. bet against it!

The sooner this gen is over, the sooner Wii haters can start pretending a more powerful system means the Wii was inconsequential.

anybody believing that is a fool and inconsequential. i say let them hate. the more they hate the more Nintendo gamers can say we kicked your ass in the 7th gen.

LordTheNightKnight said:
WilliamWatts said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

They haven't waited...

Also, this gen has more reason for the HD systems to last longer, since Sony and Microsoft need to make back at least some of the money the lost.

Theres the money argument and then theres the argument that they haven't really got any adequate replacements. At least the next Wii if nothing else will be a signficant improvement in performance.

WilliamWatts said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
WilliamWatts said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

They haven't waited...

Theres the money argument and then theres the argument that they haven't really got any adequate replacements. At least the next Wii if nothing else will be a signficant improvement in performance.

That isn't an argument. That's an assumption with no proof. And the fact that all companies said they've been researching the next systems since the launch of the current ones says they have something. It's just not feasible to do them now.

The HD companies are instead clearly hoping motion controls will give them a piece of the Wii pie, and if that works, they will be incorporated into their next systems.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

It's hard to see how it could have worse third-party support.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

It depends on a lot of things. I think if Nintendo releases earlier than Sony/Microsoft, more of the traditional gamers may pick that system up. This could allow the types of games that didn't sell as well on Wii (but sold well on HD twins) to sell better on its sucessor.

Perhaps FPSs would be able to sell gangbusters on Wii2? More than I can tell, that's for sure.

The BuShA owns all!

LordTheNightKnight said:
WilliamWatts said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
WilliamWatts said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

They haven't waited...

That isn't an argument. That's an assumption with no proof. And the fact that all companies said they've been researching the next systems since the launch of the current ones says they have something. It's just not feasible to do them now.

The HD companies are instead clearly hoping motion controls will give them a piece of the Wii pie, and if that works, they will be incorporated into their next systems.

What proof can be gathered from such secretive companies?

Vertigo-X said:

It depends on a lot of things. I think if Nintendo releases earlier than Sony/Microsoft, more of the traditional gamers may pick that system up. This could allow the types of games that didn't sell as well on Wii (but sold well on HD twins) to sell better on its sucessor.

Perhaps FPSs would be able to sell gangbusters on Wii2? More than I can tell, that's for sure.

Nintendo would haft to provide controllers that work for the FPS genre.

WilliamWatts said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
WilliamWatts said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
WilliamWatts said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

They haven't waited...

What proof can be gathered from such secretive companies?

They said they were working on the systems, so it's more likely they have systems in mind than not. The problem is that the cost of launching new systems is too great now.