By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake: The Signal

Finally came in...

Around the Network

Just had a quick question about the DLC. Do you need your original save file to play the dlc? or can you just play it like that?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

trunkswd said:
smbu2000 said:

Just had a quick question about the DLC. Do you need your original save file to play the dlc? or can you just play it like that?

You don't need the original save file. After you download it you just go to I think it says "Downloadable Content" or something like that than click on the first one.

Ok, thanks for the info. My gf wants to play the dlc as well, but I guess she doesn't need her AW save file(which is on her 360). Just her recovering her gamertag (on my 360) should allow her to play it then.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Now that was one hell of a DLC. PRolly best free DLC ever lol...

There are like 2 or 3 set pieces in the episode which are so much better than anything found in the game. Its a shame that the retail game can't sustain this level of chaos and madness.

I FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT!  Got my e-mail, too.  I'll download it right now!

Around the Network

After finishing this episode Im not entirely sure about its worth. All it seems to build on the story and is generally more challenging that most of the main storyline it doesnt seem to really have much depth in the story (maybe just because it doesnt make that much sense without the rest of the DLC, i dont know). The episode doesnt seem to answer much and its ending is seems to just loop around it beggining. I feel as though it was a random plot element that was explored in order to provide free DLC to those who bought the game new, without losing too much revenue by adding extra content.