By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict December 2010 sales. 2007, 2008 and 2009 here for comparison....

Wii: 7,000,000

X-box: 4,500,000

PS3: 3,200,000

Around the Network

Worldwide:

Wii - 7,250,000

PS3 - 3,800,000

360, 3,400,000

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

My predictions:

Wii 6.0m

PS3 3.75m

360 5.0m

total:14.75

Wii sales seems to be cooling off somewhat, the numbers as of late have been rather lackluster.
PS3 sales have been quite stable for a while. Personally don't think the Move will have a very dramatic effect on sales. GT5 might be the game changer that will prove me wrong. 
I think the Xbox might have a bit more success this year. Kinect just might sell decently to the "casual audience", Halo is sure to generate some hype, Fable, less so.

Predicting the predicting thread.

I predict we under compensate for the Wii over compensate for the PS3 and get it about right for the 360.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
welshbloke said:

I predict we under compensate for the Wii over compensate for the PS3 and get it about right for the 360.

thats more like a something will happen but i don't know wht

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
welshbloke said:

Or me predicting... we under compensate for the Wii over compensate for the PS3 and get it about right for the 360.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

At current, published prices:

Wii: 6.8 million

360: 3.7 million

PS3: 3.4 million

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

welshbloke said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
welshbloke said:

Or me predicting... we under compensate for the Wii over compensate for the PS3 and get it about right for the 360.

i already saw that post, but only time will tell. i refuse to be concrete on any predictions. all i know is wht they plan to sell buy the fiscal yr's end and Sony has what looks to be 11-12m to go before they reach 15m.

PS3: 3.1 million
360: 3.5 million 
Wii: 5.7 million

Hmm so I came 4th last year.. I'll endeavor to improve my position for 2010 but I'll  need some more time to gauge how each console is tracking and what strategies I believe will be employed. I'll return soon to make my predictions :)