By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Downloadable Content in GH3 for Wii Confirmed?

I play my GH3 on my Mono TV so I really could care less if it's mono. The game still kicks aise. Secondly, I don't look for them to be working hard to make the game have DLC. It is selling reasonably well without it, and the DLC is crap anyway for the most part. What I want them to be able to do, and I know they won't, is make it so I can put my MP3s on an SD card and have GH make a track for that song. It would be nice to be able to play whatever you wanted.......it's probably illegal to do it that way.

Around the Network
bulletstopper said:
I play my GH3 on my Mono TV so I really could care less if it's mono. The game still kicks aise. Secondly, I don't look for them to be working hard to make the game have DLC. It is selling reasonably well without it, and the DLC is crap anyway for the most part. What I want them to be able to do, and I know they won't, is make it so I can put my MP3s on an SD card and have GH make a track for that song. It would be nice to be able to play whatever you wanted.......it's probably illegal to do it that way.

DLC is the best part of the game. 

@bulletstopper:

It's not illegal, it's just not really viable. The note patterns in each song are meticulously planned; to just throw in a song and have the game generate notes would be an unplayable mess. The only game where you could use any song to create a level (that actually functioned reasonably) was vib-ribbon. Check it out if you're interested.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

misteromar mk4 said:
You guys are so very wrong, every disc that was printed for gh3 for the wii is in mono (ntsc/pal). What you are hearing is only dual mono, the same sound out of both speakers. The game being in mono messes up the whole sound in the game, because when they mix music, they may increase volume of one instrument from the left or right speaker ect. With sound coming out in mono, when the songs where mixed stereo, it not gonna sound like they where meant to, bits of the song are gonna be missing. Its nothing to do with the wii, its 100% the boneheads at activision, how could they let a MUSIC game be released in mono.

I've played through all of GH3 on my Wii with my 5.1 system.  I can promise you that there are no "missing bits" of any of the songs.

Using MP3s for games is somewhat reasonable with DDR, because you're just putting 4 directions to a song in rhythm, and that's it. If you mess up, the song keeps going.

With guitar hero, there's a whammy bar which alters the guitar's sound, already making a pre-recorded MP3 impossible. But even if you took that out, as it's not totally necessary, whenever you mess up, the guitar stops playing...also impossible for an MP3.

I tried Freetar Hero, I made a track for the theme song to Trigun. It was pretty sweet, and pretty challenging. It was quite hard to make, as I had to place the red, green, etc notes in myself, so they had to be timed perfectly. And when you mess up in Freetar Hero, it just uses a mixer to dull the sounds of the guitar...but doing so also dulls the sounds of the drums, and the entire MP3, basically.

So, in order for Guitar Hero to work, you need a separate track for the guitar exclusively. Otherwise, it just ain't gonna work.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )