By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First 5 minutes of Goldeneye Wii

dahuman said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Despite the comments there's actually shadows on the face, if people weren't paying attention little things like the water pouring off that guard tower was louder as he stepped closer to it and softer when he walked away, the cover system looks really good something similar to Killzone 2 but unlike that game the things you take cover behind slowly break away, I like the little details, it can be polished up some more and hopefully they do, but it does look good.

As of right now this is probably my top pick for an FPS this fall especially since no one seems to be releasing Black Ops Wii videos, The Conduit 2 has yet to show much I care about other than splitscreen. 

I'd be happy with like cast shadows, you know, shadow on the ground, the dark blob is just disturbing to my eyes lol. otherwise I think it looks fine and pretty refined.

Okay, I thought for a minute you were one of those "either real-time shadows, or the whole game is crap" people.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
dahuman said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Despite the comments there's actually shadows on the face, if people weren't paying attention little things like the water pouring off that guard tower was louder as he stepped closer to it and softer when he walked away, the cover system looks really good something similar to Killzone 2 but unlike that game the things you take cover behind slowly break away, I like the little details, it can be polished up some more and hopefully they do, but it does look good.

As of right now this is probably my top pick for an FPS this fall especially since no one seems to be releasing Black Ops Wii videos, The Conduit 2 has yet to show much I care about other than splitscreen. 

I'd be happy with like cast shadows, you know, shadow on the ground, the dark blob is just disturbing to my eyes lol. otherwise I think it looks fine and pretty refined.

Okay, I thought for a minute you were one of those "either real-time shadows, or the whole game is crap" people.

I know dahuman is big on Monster Hunter 3, a game that, despite some very nice graphics and effects, casts nothing of circle shadows. I doubt most people really give a damn about somthing like that when all is said and done. 

Voltaire said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
dahuman said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

I know dahuman is big on Monster Hunter 3, a game that, despite some very nice graphics and effects, casts nothing of circle shadows. I doubt most people really give a damn about somthing like that when all is said and done. 

I hate circle shadows actually lol but if there are at least some shadow work going I'm cool, like the shadows on the characters themselves, I like that, but to be honest I know the CoD4 engine on Wii can easily do shadows so I think it'll happen in the polishing stages they're at now, its kinda like they put so much effort into motion capturing, making sure the characters looked nice and such... why skimp on the shadows the characters cast? 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Cast shadows really do make the gameplay

uno said:

How? Does it somehow make the controls responsive or the level designs better?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
uno said:

Sometimes you can see a shadow when playing against someone when the guy is hiding, so that is a factor when you look at it that way :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

This looks nice.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
uno said:

Sometimes you can see a shadow when playing against someone when the guy is hiding, so that is a factor when you look at it that way :P

But that's an extra to the gameplay, not making it.

LordtheNightKnight: Perhaps the original poster was being sarcastic?

EDIT: whoa, weird stuff happened to my post.

I honestly think that Nintendo needs to release an HD console, with better processing power, but that just a wishful thought of my part.

Other than that, It looks good for a FPS Wii game.