By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dec 21st 2012 End of the World or Cosmic Rebirth?

lol. If the planet did die in 2012 that's still 5 years away. Your dating life can't be that bad.

Around the Network

This thread depressed me.

:((((

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I don't know if the mayan predictions are worth listening to, i mean they sure didnt predict the spanish coming in did they?

Thanks to kenobi after I got him to ban my old account (dallas) after someone hacked into it and being ok with me coming back under a slightly different username.  I appreciate our communication in the PMs.  Also I want to give a big thank you to vgchartz for being one of the cooler websites around. 

Oh, and I'm still the next Michael Pachter

I thought that their calender ended in September, not December, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't believe it either way.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Their long count calendar ends on Dec 21st 2012. It is their most famous one.

Around the Network
Astrodust said:

By now some of you may have heard of the famous Mayan prediction. The Mayans were mathematical geniuses and were ancient time keepers. They had many calendars and could predict astrological changes many years in advance. One of their calendars is actually more accurate than the Gregorian calendar we use today. It is their long count calendar that is the most intriguing.

The Mayan long calendar ends on Dec 21st 2012. The Mayans fortold that on that day which is a winter solstice, the Earth would enter into a new age. The transition into the 5th sun/dimension, a cosmic crossing will occur. Some people claimed that the Mayans predicted our own end. Others say the Mayans believed people would enter into a new conciousness. Perhaps that day is just another day but there is no denying it will still be a significant day. Lets examine that day and year a little.

1. On Dec 21st 2012 the Earths sun forms a meridian with the galactic equator. What does that mean exactly? Well our sun and consequently the Earth are at the equator of the Milky Way. This will be the first time in about 26,000 years.  We are living in a special time. You get to experience something that many generations after you will never experience.

Note the Milky Way is very far away but than i dont really know what no 1. mean.

2. Solar Max will peak in 2012. Nasa predicts that solar storms will peak in 2012 and be at their strongest in 50 years. Solar storms refers to when the sun releases large amounts of energy. The things affected will include cell phones, gps, and other electronic equipment. Low orbiting satelites are expected to be affected as well as flying passengers. The last time solar storms were this intense, northern lights were spotted over Mexico. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0306_060307_sunspots.html

Nasa predictated that it will only be 30 to 50 percent more than 2001. Yes, it will affected us but it 30 to 50 percent more than 2001 which nothing big really happen. I dont know maybe yes or maybe no. 

3. Pole reversals are imminent. Did you know the magnetic poles of the sun reverse. It happens at the peak of every 11 year sunspot cycle. The last one was in 2001 and the next one is in 2012. Scientists also know that the Earth's poles reverse as well. Earth's poles reverse an average of 4 times every 1 million years. The last one occured about 740,000 years ago so we are overdue. A prelude to Earth's poles reversing is that our planet's magnetic field decreases significantly and we are at our lowest levels in years. No one knows how long it takes for the poles to flip but if it is quick, earthquakes and other natural disasters are a certainty. And your compass needle will be pointing in the opposite direction. When the sun's poles reverse in 2012 there is a tendancy to pull the Earth along with it.

The time for the Earth's poles reverse to occur is unknown to all so i will said there is a chance that the sun's poles reverse will pull Earth along with it but not likely. Since the sun pole reverse occur every 11 years while the consecutive reversals of the Earth are spaced 5 thousand years to 50 million years apart and so many sun pole reverse cycles did not put Earth along with it why now???

Source: http://www.polereversal.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=5

4. The Dark Rift which the Mayans called the Black Road lies along the galactic equator. In 2012 astronomers say that our sun enters this dark part of our galaxy. Astronomers refer to this as the Cygnus Rift, a portion of intersteller dust. The Mayans defined the end of each age as the world sitting on the Dark Rift. But they also considered this intersection to be the Sacred Tree or Cross, and on Dec 21st 2012 we will witness an ascension. No one really knows what will happen when we pass through the Dark Rift though.

I am not sure if the sun will be in the dark rift cause the sun is 93,000,000 miles away from Earth while the milky way is many thousand of light year away from us (1 light year = 5,000,865,696,000,000 miles). Saying so it will be in alignment but will it enter the dark rift of milky way. I said not likely.

Source: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=583192

So what do you guys think of all this? Is all this just another Y2K scare or is our Galaxy trying to tell us something?

The mayan prediction is calculated based on the moving of the stars and planent but whether they know the distance between each of them is unknown since they only see it from earth. The prediction of "In the fifth cycle, Mayan wisdom will return to Earth" whether this mean that the prediction is fulfill and everyone will believe in Mayan wisdom or the effect of this event will enable us to discover something the Mayan left behind, even this is unknown.

What i think in highlight

Btw I dont want to die. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want my Ps4, Xbox 720 and Wii 2 but only can get Xbox 720 since the others has more than the normal 5 years cycle.

Someone create a good counter arguement.

I don't wanna die.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Everyone is going to die. Those who do not die will be turned into vampyers. Will Smith will be the last man on Earth.

andors said:
Astrodust said:

By now some of you may have heard of the famous Mayan prediction. The Mayans were mathematical geniuses and were ancient time keepers. They had many calendars and could predict astrological changes many years in advance. One of their calendars is actually more accurate than the Gregorian calendar we use today. It is their long count calendar that is the most intriguing.

The Mayan long calendar ends on Dec 21st 2012. The Mayans fortold that on that day which is a winter solstice, the Earth would enter into a new age. The transition into the 5th sun/dimension, a cosmic crossing will occur. Some people claimed that the Mayans predicted our own end. Others say the Mayans believed people would enter into a new conciousness. Perhaps that day is just another day but there is no denying it will still be a significant day. Lets examine that day and year a little.

1. On Dec 21st 2012 the Earths sun forms a meridian with the galactic equator. What does that mean exactly? Well our sun and consequently the Earth are at the equator of the Milky Way. This will be the first time in about 26,000 years.  We are living in a special time. You get to experience something that many generations after you will never experience.

Note the Milky Way is very far away but than i dont really know what this mean.

2. Solar Max will peak in 2012. Nasa predicts that solar storms will peak in 2012 and be at their strongest in 50 years. Solar storms refers to when the sun releases large amounts of energy. The things affected will include cell phones, gps, and other electronic equipment. Low orbiting satelites are expected to be affected as well as flying passengers. The last time solar storms were this intense, northern lights were spotted over Mexico. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0306_060307_sunspots.html

Nasa predictated that it will only be 30 to 50 percent more than 2001. Yes, it will affected us but it 30 to 50 percent more than 2001 which nothing big really happen. I dont know maybe yes or maybe no. 

3. Pole reversals are imminent. Did you know the magnetic poles of the sun reverse. It happens at the peak of every 11 year sunspot cycle. The last one was in 2001 and the next one is in 2012. Scientists also know that the Earth's poles reverse as well. Earth's poles reverse an average of 4 times every 1 million years. The last one occured about 740,000 years ago so we are overdue. A prelude to Earth's poles reversing is that our planet's magnetic field decreases significantly and we are at our lowest levels in years. No one knows how long it takes for the poles to flip but if it is quick, earthquakes and other natural disasters are a certainty. And your compass needle will be pointing in the opposite direction. When the sun's poles reverse in 2012 there is a tendancy to pull the Earth along with it.

The time for the Earth's poles reverse to occur is unknown to all so i will said there is a chance that the sun's poles reverse will pull Earth along with it but not likely. Since the sun pole reverse occur every 11 years while the consecutive reversals of the Earth are spaced 5 thousand years to 50 million years apart and so many sun pole reverse cycles did not put Earth along with it why now???

Source: http://www.polereversal.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=5

4. The Dark Rift which the Mayans called the Black Road lies along the galactic equator. In 2012 astronomers say that our sun enters this dark part of our galaxy. Astronomers refer to this as the Cygnus Rift, a portion of intersteller dust. The Mayans defined the end of each age as the world sitting on the Dark Rift. But they also considered this intersection to be the Sacred Tree or Cross, and on Dec 21st 2012 we will witness an ascension. No one really knows what will happen when we pass through the Dark Rift though.

I am not sure if the sun will be in the dark rift cause the sun is 93,000,000 miles away from Earth while the milky way is many thousand of light year away from us (1 light year = 5,000,865,696,000,000 miles). Saying so it will be in alignment but will it enter the dark rift of milky way. I said not likely.

Source: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=583192

So what do you guys think of all this? Is all this just another Y2K scare or is our Galaxy trying to tell us something?

The mayan prediction is calculated based on the moving of the stars and planent but whether they know the distance between each of them is unknown since they only see it from earth. The prediction of "In the fifth cycle, Mayan wisdom will return to Earth" whether this mean that the prediction is fulfill and everyone will believe in Mayan wisdom or the effect of this event will enable us to discover something the Mayan left behind, even this is unknown.

I dont want to die. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want my Ps4, Xbox 720 and Wii 2 but only can get Xbox 720 since the others has more than the normal 5 years cycle.

1: The Milky Way is not very far from us. The Milky Way is our Galaxy and we are in it.

2: Nasa themselves are the ones that issued the solar storm warning. Since mankind has aquired cell phones, pda, wi-fi, solar storms have never reached the levels they will in 2012.

3:The time of a polar shift for Earth is unknown however some scientists believe we could be experiencing one now. The Earth's magnetic field is at it's lowest levels in thousands of years. http://www.creationevidence.org/scientific_evid/magnetic_fld/magnetic_fld.html Can some event speed this up? Why not.

4: Again we are in the Milky Way. Our solar system is at the edge of a spiral arm called the Orion Arm. It is about 2 thirds from the center of the Galaxy(Milky Way). http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/solarsystem/where.shtml

dtewi said:
Someone create a good counter arguement.

I don't wanna die.

Death is a part of life. Your end is coming. Look for the signs now. Muahahaha...