By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Atlus plans to support Demons Soul's servers till March 2011

Today Must Be Atlus Deals Day

By Spencer . July 21, 2010 . 1:50pm

Amazon cut the price of recent games from Atlus USA like Trauma Team and 3D Dot Game Heroes down to $29.99.

Demon’s Souls is also available for $29.99 and Atlus confirmed they would support the servers for online play at least until March 2011. That’s good to hear. Examining bloodstains and begging for someone to vote up your hint for a health boost are key elements of the game.

Atlus plans to play with the world tendency again by shifting it to pure white in a few weeks. When the world goes white, monsters are weaker and paths to new areas open up.

Around the Network

what will happen to the game. I remember that you couldn't play the game unless you were connected to the internet? :( Could be mistaken.

But would the patch it so you could play without servers :D

you can already play without servers....

Xxain said:

you can already play without servers....

I dunno, I got kicked out of my game when my internet crashed, when I first bought it. Because I didnt' have internet. And I wasn't invading anyone or and no one was invading me. I dunno

I 100% sure.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

I 100% sure.

okay, that's good. I'm just delusional sometimes :D

Demon's Souls 2 March 2011 confirmed !!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I'm actually a little upset they are dropping support of this game next year. I think this thread is kinda spinning this into a positive, but to me, it's devestating. I love that game, in 1 year, I can't play it online? bullshit. Play this game NOW before it's ruined.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I'm actually a little upset they are dropping support of this game next year. I think this thread is kinda spinning this into a positive, but to me, it's devestating. I love that game, in 1 year, I can't play it online? bullshit. Play this game NOW before it's ruined.

I have never ever seen somebody twist things as frequently as you do... Considering the fact that I have not beaten demons souls yet, I am also not happy. This thread is definitely a warning.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

They said they'll support it til March 2011 at least.  They have yet to mention when the servers will actually be shut down.

I really hope Sony publishes the next game, assuming there is one.  They support their servers for a long ass time.  A company like Atlus just can't afford a money drain like that once the game stops selling, as small as it may be.