By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nickelodeon sets "Avatar: The Last Airbender" sequel series for 2011

LOS ANGELES - A sequel to Nickelodeon's "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is in the works.

The channel said Wednesday the new animated TV series will premiere in 2011. It has the working title, "The Legend of Korra."

Nickelodeon says the series will build on the "mythology" of the original "The Last Airbender" series, which inspired this summer's live-action movie from filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan (SHAH-muh-lahn).

The "Legend of Korra" is from the creator-producers of "Avatar: The Last Airbender."

Nickelodeon executive Brown Johnson says the new series will focus on a teenage girl avatar named Korra. Brown describes her as hotheaded, independent and "ready to take on the world."

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" has ranked among the highest-rate series on the Nickelodeon and Nicktoons channels.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/nickelodeon-sets-last-airbender-sequel-2011-ap

Could this have been why there were rumors of a season 4 being made? I can't wait to see it.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

Pic:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

cool, loved the series. xD

cool, love it!

"It may be set 70 years in the future.
Aang is featured in the series in the Spirit World, as Roku and past Avatars were to Aang in the Last Airbender.
Korra is from the Southern Water Tribe.
She has already mastered three of the four elements prior to the series, and is trying to master "Air". Aang's son, Tenzin, is supposed to teach it to her.
Most of the story revolves around a steampunk metropolis called Republic City. It's the epicenter of the world, and a virtual melting pot but is plagued by crime and a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip the city apart."

Edit: http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1107556p1.html

The Only detail not confirmed is Aang in the Spirit world, but I'm certain he'll be apart of the series.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

Thank God. I thought they meant a sequel to the movie from the title.

Great news! Loved the series!

RCTjunkie said:

Thank God. I thought they meant a sequel to the movie from the title.

for a second,  me too.

Yays! This -|- Green Lantern = an incredible few years for cartoons.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' " ~John 14:6 (NKJV)

this is probably the best spin-off i've ever been excited for. :)

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls