By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New 360s Arcade. What affect on regular sales?

What effect do you guys think the new 360s will have on sales when it releases in August?

$199.99 and still includes the Wifi inbuilt. 

£149.99 in UK.

Will it put 360 regualrly on top of sales without Kinect?

Around the Network

it won't do anything, anyone who wants a slim will get or already got the 299$ one, also it's 4gb , without kinect i won't boost sales with kinect it will.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

it won't do anything, anyone who wants a slim will get or already got the 299$ one, also it's 4gb , without kinect i won't boost sales with kinect it will.

Hmm interesting. The old Arcade did wonders for 360. Being it's top seller to newcomers. 

I think the new redesign plus included Wifi for the same price as the old Arcade is gonna entice more people who have been on the fence for awhile about old 360 units. 

Personally I think it will add 30-50k a week to regular WW sales of 360s. 

selnor said:
zgamer5 said:

Hmm interesting. The old Arcade did wonders for 360. Being it's top seller to newcomers

I think the new redesign plus included Wifi for the same price as the old Arcade is gonna entice more people who have been on the fence for awhile about old 360 units. 

Personally I think it will add 30-50k a week to regular WW sales of 360s. 

Hmm interesting. Whenever PS3 fans claimed that the Arcade sold better than the Elite/Pro due to its price I could have sworn 360 fans usually vehemently denied this?

I agree with you though. I think it will do very well and barring the very unlikely event of a PS3 price cut, will ensure the 360 performs far better over the last few months of the year WW.

what ever the 200 arcade did to em last year

sure 360 arcades sales will be a bit higher b/c of the extra features but not by alot you can give another 100 and get a 250gb HDD how much $ do have to spend on that new arcade to even get close to 250gb??

imo the new arcade is not a better deal as it was when it debuted at 200 and the $300 pro had only a 60gb HDD

360s big boost already happen with the 250gb most who wanted it bought that sku

imo they shot there gun to early in the yr if they had released both the new 4gb and 250gb sometime in sep-nov MS would of had way better sales than they already did b/c of the holiday push and excitement of new models all at once

whats real interesting is that MS kept the price the same for the 360 at 200 and 300 this tells me the gen will last longer than most think i believe the earliest 2014 we should get new consoles from MS or sony

also imo sony and MS holidays sales will be a repeat of last years since the prices of cheapest to cheapest is still 200 vs 300 and that last year sony had ff13 to help achieve big #s this yr it will have GT5 global launch to do the same but anything could still happen sony could drop to 280-250 or MS could drop 50 on its 2 skus and

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

what ever the 200 arcade did to em last year

sure 360 arcades sales will be a bit higher b/c of the extra features but not by alot you can give another 100 and get a 250gb HDD how much $ do have to spend on that new arcade to even get close to 250gb??

imo the new arcade is not a better deal as it was when it debuted at 200 and the $300 pro had only a 60gb HDD

360s big boost already happen with the 250gb most who wanted it bought that sku

imo they shot there gun to early in the yr if they had released both the new 4gb and 250gb sometime in sep-nov MS would of had way better sales than they already did b/c of the holiday push and excitement of new models all at once

whats real interesting is that MS kept the price the same for the 360 at 200 and 300 this tells me the gen will last longer than most think i believe the earliest 2014 we should get new consoles from MS or sony

also imo sony and MS holidays sales will be a repeat of last years since the prices of cheapest to cheapest is still 200 vs 300 and that last year sony had ff13 to help achieve big #s this yr it will have GT5 global launch to do the same but anything could still happen sony could drop to 280-250 or MS could drop 50 on its 2 skus and

Well, could be. 

But there is no way Sony will outsell M$ this year now. 

I believe the 360s Arcade will help push anyone on the fence. Also they needed to release June/July, because Kinect already has a 3 week delay on preorders where I live. Meaning whoever preorders now wont get theres till Dec 15th where I live. 

Kinect will drive huge sales at Christmas, And Halo Reach will give 360s a good surge before Kinect in September. 

M$ have planned this year very well.

I expect the gap between PS3 and 360 to be 7 million by Jan 1st.

i personally believe that a majority of the current 360 slim buyers are people upgrading from the phat model.  that assumption stated, i don't think the arcade will have the huge numbers that we are seeing now because i believe upgraders are much more likely to be the type of consumer that wants the best model.  however, the arcade is a key part of the 360's success especially during the holidays.  without it MS would have a poor holiday, with it they'll most likely see a good holiday this year.

Kinect / Arcade bundle for $299 will make a difference. The Arcade will spike sales, too.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

i dont think kenict or move will be the drive of anything it will be as always cheapest vs cheapest and that is $200 arcade w/o a HDD vs currently $300 120g slim (believe slim will get a new model 160gb- 250gb with extra usb ports for moves camera and wifiN for $300) but as of now its still 120gb at $300 vs $200 4gb 360 

and even if you factor kenict bundle vs move bundle its only a 100$ gap $300 vs $400 but with the move bundle you get a 120gb HDD history has shown that 360 needs more that $100 gap to outsell the PS3 

as for reach driving HW sales its its 3rd game to release this gen dont you think anyone that wants to play reach already bought a 360? sure it will sell some in forms of SE bundles but GT5 is the 1st GT game for release on the PS this Gen

i see gap being less that 5.2M 

Play Me

BHR-3 said:

i dont think kenict or move will be the drive of anything it will be as always cheapest vs cheapest and that is $200 arcade w/o a HDD vs currently $300 120g slim (believe slim will get a new model 160gb- 250gb with extra usb ports for moves camera and wifiN for $300) but as of now its still 120gb at $300 vs $200 4gb 360 

and even if you factor kenict bundle vs move bundle its only a 100$ gap $300 vs $400 but with the move bundle you get a 120gb HDD history has shown that 360 needs more that $100 gap to outsell the PS3 

as for reach driving HW sales its its 3rd game to release this gen dont you think anyone that wants to play reach already bought a 360? sure it will sell some in forms of SE bundles but GT5 is the 1st GT game for release on the PS this Gen

i see gap being less that 5.2M 

I'll bet that, Kinect drives so many 360 sales that you can contol my sig for 5 years if PS3 is within 5.2 million of the 360. 

However if I'm right and 360 is over 7 million ahead I get to control yours. ( I actually think nearer 8 million.)

If your up for it, let me know.