By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't think Nintendo will make a comparison chart like Microsoft and Sony

AbbathTheGrim said:

Nintendo is so great and no one comes close to them.

sony and microsoft say hello. lol

Around the Network

I certainly hope not, because these comparison charts are the single most stupid thing I've ever seen, and I'm amazed that the others are still doing it considering how much fun everyone made of them last time.

...because they'll drop the price a month before release.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

oldschoolfool said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I am sorry but those companies cannot reach the level that Nintendo has.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I've seen some in that last years, Iwata usually presents these charts at the Fall Conference in Japan.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
oldschoolfool said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I am sorry but those companies cannot reach the level that Nintendo has.

Exactly. If Sony and Microsoft came close, then they would make billions off of gaming.

But that cannot happen imho because as long as Nintendo is around they wont be able to top their first party games. They would have to make Nintendo games and, as long as Nintendo is around, they would be just copycats of Nintendo's perfection.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

forest-spirit said:

Maybe they will make a 3D comparison chart when they announce the price of the 3DS.

they already did compared to 3D plasmas and LEDS tvs since it doesn't use glasses, just not as a list yet.

True they don't need a chart. The Wii is the most basic of consoles.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:

True they don't need a chart. The Wii is the most basic of consoles.

With basic features such as motion control that Sony and MS are only adding now after 4-5 years on the market. Nintendo are a generation ahead with a last gen console.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Jo21 said:
forest-spirit said:

Maybe they will make a 3D comparison chart when they announce the price of the 3DS.

they already did compared to 3D plasmas and LEDS tvs since it doesn't use glasses, just not as a list yet.

AFAIK they didn't compared the 3DS to anything. They just said, that it don't need glasses. The comparation was (sublimentaly) done in your head.

It's interesting, that you compared it with TVs. You could also have choosen 3D-cinemas or the virtualboy. Or you could have just taken it as information without comparing it ... Hmm, this tells much about you psyche.