By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Takes Off the Gloves, Unleashes Comparison Chart!

AnthonyW86 said:

Haha the games resolution part at the bottom is the funniest. PS3 Blu-Ray powered HD support?? What the hell does Blu-Ray have to do with ''powering a games resolution''. They just hade to mention Blu-Ray somewhere.

And they forgot dresscode, i don't think Kinect works while wearing a wedding dress lolz

A standard DVD cant store a PS3 game with HD resolution, a blu ray is the only thing with enough space, eg metal gear solid 4 apparently used almost the full 50gb capacity afforded with a blu ray. thats why games like FF13 and Mass Effect 2 are on multiple DVDs, they dont have enough capacity to store the entire game.

this is a problem because the 360 dosent actully run HD content, there is an upscaling chip bulit into the console that improves the resolution of the image. the PS3 can output at full 1080p/i resolution because it uses a blu ray drive, not an upscaling chip. i can tell you that i have a 40" HDTV in my lounge and theres a noticable difference between upascaled and true HD - although i dont know about games, there is a very noticable difference - so blu ray and HD go hand in hand really!!

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Hmm... Wii's IR sensor only detects XY motion? Lol XD At least try and do some research before posting nonsense, Sony.

Yeah, they're just playing on the ignorance of the sort of people who love these lists.

The Wiimote's IR camera triangulates Z-position using the distance between the LED clusters at either end of the sensor bar, whereas the PSEye uses the centre of the glowing ball and its radius/diameter.

However, the sensor bar/IR camera solution can detect yaw and roll without even using the gyroscopes. Since a ball is a ball no matter which way you look at it, the Move controller will have to rely on the gyros.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Jay520 said:

You gotta admit some of the categories (Buttons, wireless, secondary controller, Rechargeable batteries) are unfair given that Kinect isn't a controller to begin with. 

Yeap, I had the same feeling... Sony is wrong on that features..

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Ping_ii said:
Gamerace said:

OMG.   Is this for real?  It's so immature.  So many of those points are totally bogus, like the entire secondary controller section.   Should state it's an extra cost for Move. included for Wii and totally unnecessary for 360.   Or Kinect not supporting rechargable batteries.  Thank God it doesn't!  What a pain that would be.

Sony hang your head down in shame.  You're acting like a pre-teen punk and blatantly insulting our intelligence ... again.

LOL very suited for this company aswell....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113296&page=1

LOL.   Holy how did I miss that thread?   

Gnac said:
Cheebee said:

Hmm... Wii's IR sensor only detects XY motion? Lol XD At least try and do some research before posting nonsense, Sony.

Yeah, they're just playing on the ignorance of the sort of people who love these lists.

The Wiimote's IR camera triangulates Z-position using the distance between the LED clusters at either end of the sensor bar, whereas the PSEye uses the centre of the glowing ball and its radius/diameter.

However, the sensor bar/IR camera solution can detect yaw and roll without even using the gyroscopes. Since a ball is a ball no matter which way you look at it, the Move controller will have to rely on the gyros.

not quite all of it, because there is also a magnetic sensor  in the PS3 move controller that also is useed to determine the exact position in a 3D field of space along with the camera track's but the Magnetic sensor in the Move also send's out it's position in a point direction.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Ping_ii said:
Gamerace said:

OMG.   Is this for real?  It's so immature.  So many of those points are totally bogus, like the entire secondary controller section.   Should state it's an extra cost for Move. included for Wii and totally unnecessary for 360.   Or Kinect not supporting rechargable batteries.  Thank God it doesn't!  What a pain that would be.

Sony hang your head down in shame.  You're acting like a pre-teen punk and blatantly insulting our intelligence ... again.

LOL very suited for this company aswell....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113296&page=1

LOL.   Holy how did I miss that thread?   

On this occasion though, although both companies need to advertise their stuff, M$'s list was more a price advertisement.

Sony's was looking like a desperate list.

Buttons? Really?

Extra 'controller'. Really?

And no arguement to M$ price list.

Basically M$ did a price list, which was accurate. Sony have done a WTF, irrelevant list. I mean of course Kinect is gonna say no next to buttons. It's controllerless technology. LOL.

joeorc said:
Gnac said:
Cheebee said:

not quite all of it, because there is also a magnetic sensor  in the PS3 move controller that also is useed to determine the exact position in a 3D field of space along with the camera track's but the Magnetic sensor in the Move also send's out it's position in a point direction.

So it's got a compass in it? Nifty.

The misinformation in the chart is still sinister, though.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
joeorc said:
Gnac said:
Cheebee said:

So it's got a compass in it? Nifty.

The misinformation in the chart is still sinister, though.

yea it's not only a compass, but also allows it to overcome some of the limitation's that the camera could not do by itself. so it's a very good thing that it's in there say for instance you put the Playstation Move behind your back the PS3 would still know the Move is there inpart due to the Magnetic field sensor, that's why it would not stop the game but give notice the Playstation Move is out of visual range.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Lol at ppl arguing sony started this...was what sony did way back lame and stupid? yeah totally...

After an year or so with the end of chart wars about consoles, did MS start this new one about motion control? yes

SO are they being trolls and pathetic themselves? yes absolutely

man some people act as if MS did no wrong here :S quite sad really...

Eitherway this is fun PR stuff, all who are butt hurt, chill, take a seat and enjoy the show, not like these guys pay ya to argue non stop like this (that goes for all sides Ninty included)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

that's right, kinect doesn't come with second controller!