By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Takes Off the Gloves, Unleashes Comparison Chart!

twesterm said:
Severance said:
twesterm said:

Ok, these are getting pretty silly.  That one is just blatant lies and misinformation and I just pray it's a fan-made joke.

Whats the "Blatant lie!" here?

• Both MS consoles now come with wireless controllers
  • Kinect doesn't need rechargeable battaries
  • The 360 has a secondary controller (if you're counting Kinect)

And mind you all these points are as stupid as these charts.  None of it really matters.

They're obviously talking about kenict, and it doesn't need a secondry controller  since it doesn't have a "Main" controller begin with , also it doesn't need batteries,

now i don't see how this is "Blatant Lie!" , which is something i got tired of hearing when it comes to PR    , you guys don't know that its not true when using for example a Shoe will make you fly? , OMG THEY SAID THAT ON THAR ADVERT DEY LIE!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
dharh said:
twesterm said:
That is not required for gaming so therefore doesn't belong in my chart.  It's just not important.

Sometimes you are just too funny. King Fu panda and lego indianna jones are not required. The headset, xbox live, the cables, the PS2 (lol at you), are not required.

Some people kids man, some peoples kids.

No, I'm sorry, you're opinion is invalid and you are wrong.

Looking at the bundles that were available at the time, Lego Indianna Jones and Kung Fu Panda were required to get the same experience.  If those games aren't required to you, you should go back to playing with kid toys.  Like the Wii.

You troll way too hard. Silly twestern, games that come as extra are meaningless. The fact that it was those two games was basically negative value. I smashed the ones that came with my X360 under the heal of my boot, right where they belonged.

If you were so hard up for comparing 'apples to apples' you would have added the X360 wireless headset, not that wired POS that comes with the box.

Fact is only a complete dork would waste their time and money to get 'the same experience' as you charted out. Fact is different people want different experiences. Using a different chart would make the X360 cost more than the PS3. 

But whatever man.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
twesterm said:
dharh said:
twesterm said:
That is not required for gaming so therefore doesn't belong in my chart.  It's just not important.

Sometimes you are just too funny. King Fu panda and lego indianna jones are not required. The headset, xbox live, the cables, the PS2 (lol at you), are not required.

Looking at the bundles that were available at the time, Lego Indianna Jones and Kung Fu Panda were required to get the same experience.  If those games aren't required to you, you should go back to playing with kid toys.  Like the Wii.

You troll way too hard. Silly twestern, games that come as extra are meaningless. The fact that it was those two games was basically negative value. I smashed the ones that came with my X360 under the heal of my boot, right where they belonged.

If you were so hard up for comparing 'apples to apples' you would have added the X360 wireless headset, not that wired POS that comes with the box.

Fact is only a complete dork would waste their time and money to get 'the same experience' as you charted out. Fact is different people want different experiences. Using a different chart would make the X360 cost more than the PS3. 

But whatever man.

its a joke chillax

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

dharh said:
twesterm said:
dharh said:
twesterm said:

But whatever man.

No, you still fail.  I don't count luxeries like Wi-Fi and wireless headsets as required.  I just wanted people to have the same experience, and again, unless you want to be some casual noob, you need Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indianna Jones.  You only show your love for Wii Play and Imagine Babiez when you say you crush Lego Indianna Jones and Kung Fu Panda under the heel of your show. 

I bet you like color in your games too.  Noob.

EDIT: This post has been moderated; also references other quoted post. -d1

twesterm said:
dharh said:
twesterm said:

But whatever man.

No, you still fail.  I don't count luxeries like Wi-Fi and wireless headsets as required.  I just wanted people to have the same experience, and again, unless you want to be some casual noob, you need Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indianna Jones.  You only show your love for Wii Play and Imagine Babiez when you say you crush Lego Indianna Jones and Kung Fu Panda under the heel of your show. 

I bet you like color in your games too.  Noob.

Lol. I can't play along anymore. I can't help want to make serious replies.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

Hahahahahaha oh my sony.... can you get any lower than this?

M.U.G.E.N said:
DirtyP2002 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Jay520 said:

You gotta admit some of the categories (Buttons, wireless, secondary controller, Rechargeable batteries) are unfair given that Kinect isn't a controller to begin with. 

yep but MS started this BS and they weren't exactly 'factual either...I'm shocked SOny didn't use the couch, max 2 players, dress code etc for this..in a hurry or waiting to use it later on in a proper ad? most probably

Either way PR battles are FUN!

people are forgetting fast.

http://www.x2theg.com/2009/01/sony-xbox-360-vs-ps3-price-comparison.html

official Sony press release, January 2009

lol really? now going back one year back to actually defend MS now are we? Let's face it..MS brought this motion control compare crap charts to the tables today....and they are just geting the response they deserve and it won't end...I hope Ninty does one too to make it more fun....

That's the point... who started this? Sony... a year ago.

You said MS started it... but that's a lie. Sony did =) it doesnt matter if it was yesterday or 3 years ago. SOny came up with this stupid BS. Spin much?

These charts are not pointless BS in my opinion. Sony and MS are listing the things they were aiming to give consumers and comparing it to their competitors. Yes Kinect and Move are different but when a consumer finds the list it does help them determine if they want to buy or not.

What does a consumer want? Does he want to play with a controller or not? Do I want to pay more for those other special functions? What ever intrigues that person the most is important.

I think people are taking the chart too literal and comparing the things that are not what they are trying to compare. Go down the list again from Sony and MS, you will see the distinct comparison as:
Wii vs. Move vs. Kinect
Move vs. Kinect
Kinect vs. Wii
and Move vs. Wii only.

The BS lies I see is MS adding the Navigator control for the Move and Sony not using N/A (not applyable) for controller stuff lolz.

That is my view on all this, I don't have a wii (never will), I will not buy Kinect or Move for my 360 and PS3 either. The only thing I'm looking forward to is 3D gaming. I paitnetly wait for 3D HDTVs to drop to a price I like.

lol that will teach ms for posting biased pricing figures which are all lies, at least pricing on all peripherals are accurate on here, they had to throw in buttons and the glowing sphere just to have a laugh as well, still it would have been better to compare ps eyetoy to kinect as kinect has more in common

Maynard_Tool said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
DirtyP2002 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Jay520 said:

You gotta admit some of the categories (Buttons, wireless, secondary controller, Rechargeable batteries) are unfair given that Kinect isn't a controller to begin with. 

yep but MS started this BS and they weren't exactly 'factual either...I'm shocked SOny didn't use the couch, max 2 players, dress code etc for this..in a hurry or waiting to use it later on in a proper ad? most probably

Either way PR battles are FUN!

people are forgetting fast.

http://www.x2theg.com/2009/01/sony-xbox-360-vs-ps3-price-comparison.html

official Sony press release, January 2009

lol really? now going back one year back to actually defend MS now are we? Let's face it..MS brought this motion control compare crap charts to the tables today....and they are just geting the response they deserve and it won't end...I hope Ninty does one too to make it more fun....

That's the point... who started this? Sony... a year ago.

You said MS started it... but that's a lie. Sony did =) it doesnt matter if it was yesterday or 3 years ago. SOny came up with this stupid BS. Spin much?

no actually MS did start all this they said xbox 360 was cheaper and better than ps3 back in 2007 on ps3 release day so:P:P nice how we all forget MS pr stuff in 2007.....

now we are here today knowing that ps3 is better and more value for money....