By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Forum incompatibility

I am no longer able to view the forums because the "Narrow Show" commercials are pushing forum posts off the right side of the middle panel. By the time I get to the bottom of the page (and several movies of "The Narrow Show" later) There is more text pushed off the side of the panel than there is visible.

This never used to happen when these ads were merely flash ads. They would align properly, but every movie ad instance is pushing the alignment of forum posts over to the right.

Around the Network

For any who are curious, here is what it looks like. Affected area highlighted:

....never seen that ad in my life!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Yeah its happening to me as well. It makes the forums unreadable in most cases and it really needs to be addressed.

dtewi said:

....never seen that ad in my life!

It's annoying!

It contains sound too. Some guy talking for several minutes, which plays automatically. Since there are several of them on each forum page, it sounds like I'm in a room full of the same guy, and usually am forced to mute my speakers whenever I visit the site now.

Around the Network
Sol said:

Yeah its happening to me as well. It makes the forums unreadable in most cases and should have been fixed ages ago.

Are you getting the same commercials?

If so, I believe it has to do with our IP addresses possibly being from Australia (since they try to make ads based on the user's region), but I really don't want to hear 6 or 7 of the same guy talking at once for over 6 MINUTES per page.

fordy said:
Sol said:

Yeah its happening to me as well. It makes the forums unreadable in most cases and should have been fixed ages ago.

If so, I believe it has to do with our IP addresses possibly being from Australia (since they try to make ads based on the user's region), but I really don't want to hear 6 or 7 of the same guy talking at once for over 6 MINUTES per page.

Yeah that's the reason.

We had an annoying one here in Canada that stayed for more than a month lol

Hopefully yours won't :/

fordy said:
Sol said:

Yep I`m from Australia. I dont even understand what these advertisments are for, they look and sound horrible while making most of the forum topic unreadable.

I don`t mind annoying, loud, bright etc...... but if ads are making the forums unreadable then surely something has to be done.

PM ioi with the problem. Send the screenshot as well.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D