By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows Phone 7 in-depth preview

oldschoolfool said:
disolitude said:
oldschoolfool said:

Apple's already conered this market. I'm not sure if microsoft can really get a strong foothold in this market.

I wouldn't say Apple has cornered anything in the smartphone market.

Google is gaing on apple with the same strategy that PC's used to beat Macs in the early 90s. Lots of devices... they should take over Iphones marketshare by the end of the year. Especially with Iphone 4 issues...

http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/08/comscore-android-continues-to-gain-smartphone-market-share/

RIM as well is beating Apple in the smartphone sales.

With that said, I am not sure howmuch room there is for WM7 to make noise in the market.

I don't have an Iphone,but most everyone I know does. It's the most popular smartphone,at least in America it is. I personally went the the droid phone,from verizon,just to be different. lol

People that have them tend to be most vocal that they have them.lol

But those numbers don't lie. The business customers are still dominated with a blackberry, and Android is gaining fast on Apple.

Apple deserves some credit for opening the smartphone floodgates for average consumers, but the single device model that they have is holding them back. I storngly believe that by the end of 2011, WM7 and Android have a chance of beating the Iphone. Hell, Android will be close by end of 2010...

10s of phones for all manufacturers and phone service progivers VS 1 phone on some wireless providers

Around the Network

There is plenty of market share for MS to gobble up.  Especially in a market that has not reached saturation and even more especially in a market where people upgrade pretty much every 2 years.

This is the best phone ever but I don't know if I personally will have much use of it.

The only thing I care about is that Windows Phone 7 becomes a major success and reduces Apple's marketshare.