By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 17th July 2010

This has been a very successful week for Microsoft.

Now they need to think very hard about pricing for Kinect.  They shouldn't price it one cent over what it costs them to make.  An overpriced "revolutionary" accessory is just what MS needs now to shoot themselves in the foot.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Wow @ X360. It got a month of pre-orders, yes, but still these are two days of sales. Almost 80k over what I expected (120k). Congratulations to MS.

So funny how quick people are to forget, the ps3 had a better launch with the slim its first week in europe by 65k, so no the 360 slim isnt the most successful launch of a revised system.  Crazy good numbers, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Good to see PS3 still selling good. I thought it's sales would shrink.

qmoney88 said:

So funny how quick people are to forget, the ps3 had a better launch with the slim its first week in europe by 65k, so no the 360 slim isnt the most successful launch of a revised system.  Crazy good numbers, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

In the UK.

Around the Network
qmoney88 said:

I think they are talking about the UK

I tell you what is even funnier... the sony defence force [not talking about you] trashing this kind of numbers 

selnor said:

Alby_da_Wolf said:

[...]

Fair enough, everybody should be allowed to have fun in his best weeks!   

... But that penalty inflicted to Lewis too late to really affect his race was FISHY!!!   

That was wierd. But I'm sure Lewis had nothing to do with it. 

LOL at Alonso though. Leiws slowed as soon as the SC light came on at the side of the track. You only have to view the cockpit part of that race with lewis to see. There is no way Lewis could see the end of the pitlane and know the safety car hadn't entered the track already. He was simply following the rules regarding speed when that light came on.

As for the overtake safety car. It was so close it clearly wasn't intentional.

I feel bad for Alonso right now, he is a great driver. But getting worked up over innocent mistakes is silly. However I agree the time taking to issue the penalty definately helped Lewis.

Actually I feel worse for Ferrari than for Alonso, great driver, I agree, but I don't like him very much!   

What makes me very disappointed and almost angry regarding F1 and Ferrari, though, is that neither poor Alboreto, nor Mansell ever had a Ferrari reliable enough to show their full potentials... Those were both great pilots, like Schumacher and Alonso, but a lot more likeable.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Maynard_Tool said:
qmoney88 said:

I think they are talking about the UK

I tell you what is even funnier... the sony defence force [not talking about you] trashing this kind of numbers 

LOL its not like Xbox defence fore were all saint's in the  massive  580k ps3 slim launch week., guess it's even. =p

XBOX SALES ARE SO AWESOME YEAH!!! I PREDICT XBOX LIFETIME TO   TRIPLE TEH SALES OF WII PS2 PS3 COMBINED!!!

Pops a bottle of champagne and dances around with selnor

^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj62HiLk-Ag

Very appropriate song for the xbox fanboys. LOL.

Enjoy guys!