By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

GodOfWar_3ever said:
sabby_e17 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

btw guys, I won't be able to visit VGC for nearly 24 hours from now. Monday is a very busy day for me.

I might be able to quickly check on the thread in about 8-9 hours from the time of this post and then again in about 9 hours after that.

So don't think that I'm a "lurker".

Ok.

Wait...could this be some kind of tactic because you plan to kill someone at night thus making you "unsuspicious" tomorrow????

People who played round 17 with me would know....I wasn't here much on Monday. And I told them I wouldn't be online for some time too.

I know, I was just playing around.

Around the Network

I'm inclined to vite No Lynch because it seems wasteful for the town to do the mafia's job for them, but dsister brings up a good point when he says that the more folks talk the better off the town will be. 

With that in mind, I'll vote No Lynch for now, just in case the majority wants to move the game along and I'm not online at the time, but I'll rescind it if we start a more serious discussion. 

dsister said:

1. What's your opinion on day 1 lynches?
2. What's your position on lurkers?
3. Pepsi or Coke?

1. I think its vital for the town not to ignore the importance of them and just not lynch.

2. I understand people can't always be online and things come up: but I think you have to take a hard stance on lurking or you give the bad guys too easy a place to hide.

3. I'll never tell.

sabby_e17 said:

Warning: Nikells sounding threatening, eager to lynch someone.

"You're not even close to the lurkiest GodOfWar; don't worry about it." Zomg, mutual friendship??

I hope I'm being threatening to the mafia players who think they can just ride day 1 out without saying a thing: do you feel threatened Sabby?

And I'm reassuring GoW and anyone else worried about seemingly lurking that they don't have to fit GPS trackers so I know where they are at all times.

How do you feel about day 1 lynches and lurkers Sabby?

Stefl1504 said:

@ sabby: Sorry I was just kidding...

But I think pretty much everything can be important in the later phases of the game...

@bolded This

The more we talk, the more we have to go on after tonight's results.

A few thoughts:

No one be surprised by Khuutra's actions. He's a high profile player and I don't blame him for trying to save his own ass. Don't worry about him being mafia and fooling us either because he can't. He will most likely be investigated tonight or on night 2. He's too much a risk if he's anti town so any smart cop will have a result on him right away. All we can hope for is that he is pro-town because he would be a great asset to the town. If guilty, we lynch him and the game goes on.

It's Sunday so if there are lurkers (and I know you're reading this you bastards) they're hiding behind that fact. So getting a good read on who is really lurking won't be clear until(let's say)halfway through Monday. I see no problem in the first day lasting a few real days, it can really get the talking going. Just get one thing straight, I'm for lynching a lurker, I'm not for randomly lynching an active player who likes Pepsi over Coke.

Final-Fan in his 15plus games of playing Mafia has never been lynched! ... Just thought that was a fun fact.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
trangentspree said:

We have to wait for

2. theRepublic to post a massively complex strategem

Hey!  My plans are not complex. It is the reasoning behind the plan that is complex.  Trying to explain that is what gets everyone confused.

Anyway, I've got no plan for this game.  The game is far too big to try and guess how many kills their are going to be each night.  There could be a serial killer, a second faction, or even a cult in a game this big.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Khuutra said:

I don't know if the game has any power roles.

This is a massive game and themed to boot.  There are going to be a ton of power roles.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

hatmoza said:
No one be surprised by Khuutra's actions. He's a high profile player and I don't blame him for trying to save his own ass. Don't worry about him being mafia and fooling us either because he can't. He will most likely be investigated tonight or on night 2. He's too much a risk if he's anti town so any smart cop will have a result on him right away. All we can hope for is that he is pro-town because he would be a great asset to the town. If guilty, we lynch him and the game goes on.

While not that suspicious it did seem a little arrogant to ask for protection so soon: I've never even heard of Khuutra!

With that said I'd also like to request doctor protection tonight as, you know, I don't want to die either.

Nikells said:
sabby_e17 said:

Warning: Nikells sounding threatening, eager to lynch someone.

"You're not even close to the lurkiest GodOfWar; don't worry about it." Zomg, mutual friendship??

I hope I'm being threatening to the mafia players who think they can just ride day 1 out without saying a thing: do you feel threatened Sabby?

And I'm reassuring GoW and anyone else worried about seemingly lurking that they don't have to fit GPS trackers so I know where they are at all times.

How do you feel about day 1 lynches and lurkers Sabby?

I swear you read like a politician sometimes with these tactfully worded responses!