By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

noname2200 said:
dsister said:

Point 3 is actually wrong. I suspect people that vote no lynch with out adding something. Say the people like SNake and Mario who posted nothing before their vote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it common to vote No Lynch on the first day?  Last game Words of Wisdom complained about how that's the custom, and this game Khuutra asked early on if we're going to continue the practice.  I see what you're saying, but it's too weak to base anything on, so pursuing it so vigorously (and hopping around from suspect to suspect) doesn't so us much good.

It is common that the day ends with a no lynch, but I look at that as detrimental to the town in most cases.  On any day, I think it is suspicious to try and end the day quickly.  For Day One, that means people who move to no lynch early in the day, and that goes double if those people don't add anything else to the discussion.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

1.I agree, and like I said earlier I'm all up for having people discuss things as much as possible.  It's the flitting from suspect to suspect that decreases the value of what he's doing: if he ever does establish a solid point, some people may just brush it off as more paranoia on his part, which does us less good than if he focuses his suspicions more.

2.Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it common to vote No Lynch on the first day?  Last game Words of Wisdom complained about how that's the custom, and this game Khuutra asked early on if we're going to continue the practice.  I see what you're saying, but it's too weak to base anything on, so pursuing it so vigorously (and hopping around from suspect to suspect) doesn't so us much good.

I can't believe this disapeared -_-

1. A vote is a very powerful tool for a townie. It can pressure people into posting and slipping up(if they are scum). Just look at MM we started voting for him and he jumped right in and posted a lot(yes, I know he wasn't playing, but that is besides the point )

If you aren't using your vote then you are wasting a powerful tool

And the cool thing about your vote is that it isn't permanent, so if you feel someone doesn't need any pressure then you can change it!

Also just because I'm asking people questions doesn't mean I think they are scum. Khuutra and Hatmoza I am leaning pro-town.

2. Really only on VGC. You check out mafiascum's forums then you will see it is almost unseen there for a first day lynch

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Khuutra said:

Uuuuugh.

If there were a time limit, I'd be willing to wait a day out, bu I'm going to want to end the day in the next 24 hours or so.

Agreed. We need a time limit.

@mod: Requesting a time limit!

theRepublic said:
noname2200 said:
dsister said:

Point 3 is actually wrong. I suspect people that vote no lynch with out adding something. Say the people like SNake and Mario who posted nothing before their vote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it common to vote No Lynch on the first day?  Last game Words of Wisdom complained about how that's the custom, and this game Khuutra asked early on if we're going to continue the practice.  I see what you're saying, but it's too weak to base anything on, so pursuing it so vigorously (and hopping around from suspect to suspect) doesn't so us much good.

It is common that the day ends with a no lynch, but I look at that as detrimental to the town in most cases.  On any day, I think it is suspicious to try and end the day quickly.  For Day One, that means people who move to no lynch early in the day, and that goes double if those people don't add anything else to the discussion.

But then what should we do? I hate long days because they make the game way too boring. And it's unlikely that we'll get much more out of day 1. Plus, if you had to choose, who would you lynch? I'd assume the answer is "no lynch" because we don't have the evidence to lynch suspect anyone (apart from the very minor things which are always there).

It's already been like 35 hours and imo thats long enough. I doubt we'd get me out of the day in, say the next 13 hours.

OP updated

5 out of 22 players voted

4 votes no lynch

1 vote SnakeEyez

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:

It's already been like 35 hours and imo thats long enough. I doubt we'd get me out of the day in, say the next 13 hours.

Not even everyone has posted...

I will end the day in 15 hours, unless the majority agrees on a target (or no lynch) before then

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:

I will end the day in 15 hours, unless the majority agrees on a target (or no lynch)

You're a sweet-heart.

I'll wait it out.

dsister said:
sabby_e17 said:

Not even everyone has posted...

How many people haven't posted?

dsister, pause for one second and see how silly you are making this argument. I've answered all you question. You answered all mine with the same link while dodging the other one or two question I've asked.

I got to go class now. Next time try to concentrate more on what  it is you're accusing me of by not getting annoyed with me by mirroring my questioning back at me.

I still don't know what you're trying to get at *slow clap*

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson