By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

hatmoza said:

He is being agressive which is not a bad thing. He lacks balance in keeping his arguments contained however.

@dsister.

fair enough. Now, would you be kind enough to explain where I wasn't contributing with my post, and whom I was "parrating?"

Explain "He lacks balance in keeping his arguments contained however."

I never said you were parroting. If you want I can go back and do what I did for Godofwar for you. Though i'm a bit pre-occupied as of now.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network

Too slow, sorry.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Also answer the question I asked.

Khuutra said:

Is there a time limit on the first day?

There is no time limit on any day.  However, the mod can decide to institute one at any time.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Khuutra said:

Is there a time limit on the first day?

None has been mentioned yet, so I assume not.

hatmoza said:

He is being agressive which is not a bad thing. He lacks balance in keeping his arguments contained however.

I agree, and like I said earlier I'm all up for having people discuss things as much as possible.  It's the flitting from suspect to suspect that decreases the value of what he's doing: if he ever does establish a solid point, some people may just brush it off as more paranoia on his part, which does us less good than if he focuses his suspicions more.

dsister said:

Point 3 is actually wrong. I suspect people that vote no lynch with out adding something. Say the people like SNake and Mario who posted nothing before their vote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it common to vote No Lynch on the first day?  Last game Words of Wisdom complained about how that's the custom, and this game Khuutra asked early on if we're going to continue the practice.  I see what you're saying, but it's too weak to base anything on, so pursuing it so vigorously (and hopping around from suspect to suspect) doesn't so us much good.

Around the Network

As usual day one is boring. You can't really do much to get people talking and there isn't much to be talking about.

I don't know if I should call this a day.

dsister said:
hatmoza said:

@dsister.

fair enough. Now, would you be kind enough to explain where I wasn't contributing with my post, and whom I was "parrating?"

Explain "He lacks balance in keeping his arguments contained however."

I never said you were parroting. If you want I can go back and do what I did for Godofwar for you. Though i'm a bit pre-occupied as of now.

You said I've been "quite the active lurker" and you sent me a link that explains what that means ... aren't they the same thing? If you accused me of being an active lurker you are accusing me of everything in that definition.

as for your question about my statement, this is a perfect example of you not being able to contain you arguments.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

dsister said:

Also answer the question I asked.

I didn't have a change of heart, I just (as many others) feel that the day has gone on too long. With no real suspects and a lot of discusion to go on for tomorrow, ending the day seems like the logical thing to do now.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Uuuuugh.

If there were a time limit, I'd be willing to wait a day out, bu I'm going to want to end the day in the next 24 hours or so.

hatmoza said:

You said I've been "quite the active lurker" and you sent me a link that explains what that means ... aren't they the same thing? If you accused me of being an active lurker you are accusing me of everything in that definition.

as for your question about my statement, this is a perfect example of you not being able to contain you arguments.

A subset of lurking is the so-called "active lurking", where a player posts in the thread but without making any contribution to the progress of the game. Their posts may be minimal in length, off-topic, or merely parroting what other players have already said.

Please define what you mean.