define active lurking.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Active_lurking

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
dsister said:
hatmoza said:

define active lurking.

you said active lurking. So I'll ask again, define active lurking.

Please, feel free to go to my profile and view all my recent posts as you did with another player yesterday to help you answer this question if it's too difficult to answer.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

ah, never mind. I see it at the bottom.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Called it!

Anyhow, we're at over 250 posts and the only things we've accomplished are: 1) determining that makingmusic isn't actually playin, 2) establishing that dsister really, really wants to lynch someone today, 3) establishing that dsister is willing to suspect people who vote not to lynch (see point 2).

If we hold out long enough, he may get around to accusing every single player, including himself!

hatmoza said

Please, feel free to go to my profile and view all my recent posts as you did with another player yesterday to help you answer this question if it's too difficult to answer.

What do you mean define active lurking? The definition is right there in the link.

"A subset of lurking is the so-called "active lurking", where a player posts in the thread but without making any contribution to the progress of the game. Their posts may be minimal in length, off-topic, or merely parroting what other players have already said."

Around the Network

Is there a time limit on the first day?

noname2200 said:

Called it!

Anyhow, we're at over 250 posts and the only things we've accomplished are: 1) determining that makingmusic isn't actually playin, 2) establishing that dsister really, really wants to lynch someone today, 3) establishing that dsister is willing to suspect people who vote not to lynch (see point 2).

If we hold out long enough, he may get around to accusing every single player, including himself!

He is being agressive which is not a bad thing. He lacks balance in keeping his arguments contained however.

@dsister.

fair enough. Now, would you be kind enough to explain where I wasn't contributing with my post, and whom I was "parroting?"

noname2200 said:

Called it!

Point 3 is actually wrong. I suspect people that vote no lynch with out adding something. Say the people like SNake and Mario who posted nothing before their vote

dsister said:

What do you mean define active lurking? The definition is right there in the link.

"A subset of lurking is the so-called "active lurking", where a player posts in the thread but without making any contribution to the progress of the game. Their posts may be minimal in length, off-topic, or merely parroting what other players have already said."

He's posted pretty regularly, especially on the matter of whether to lynch makingmusic (i.e. the biggest issue of the game so far).  I wouldn't call that active lurking myself.  Or do you have something else in mind?

hatmoza said:
dsister said:
hatmoza said:

define active lurking.

Active Lurking

A subset of lurking is the so-called "active lurking", where a player posts in the thread but without making any contribution to the progress of the game. Their posts may be minimal in length, off-topic, or merely parroting what other players have already said.

It was right in the link.  You are just being stubborn.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)