By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Khuutra said:
Soleron said:

This.

Half the number of players would be good. Days would maybe take less than a week then.

Khuutra, I targeted you day one because I could take any doctor power away from you and then Mafia kill you. So your standard defence didn't work like it usually does.

Stefl, I did the same thing with you (swap you with me then Mafia kill me in order to hit you) but it failed. I think it was Night 2. Any ideas why? I can only think that a Doctor protected me, or some power protected you that couldn't be swapped out.

Would you believe I actually thought it was something like that? As soon as I saw you were on the other Mafia team I knew your team had some unblockable method to kill, because you would object to an unsure nightkill.

Not very well-balanced, but it's somewhat gratifying to know I was right about it.

Actually Soleron made a big miscalculation

His ability was "Fate Swap" and this ability enables him to chose a target to receive his "fate" and the traget

receives his.

Having the doctor protection will make him immune to night kills so Final-Fan will fail to kill him and you survive

But luckily for him the doctor didn't protect you

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:

His ability was "Fate Swap" and this ability enables him to chose a target to receive his "fate" and the traget

receives his.

Having the doctor protection will make him immune to night kills so Final-Fan will fail to kill him and you survive

But if Soleron switched us and then Final-Fan aimed for him, I would die no matter what. Right?

@Soleron:

Holy moly

Soleron said:
Khuutra said:
Soleron said:

Not very well-balanced, but it's somewhat gratifying to know I was right about it.

You take advantage of what you're given.

I mean, noname had the ability to use the power of anyone who died. That's so broken it's not funny, but it didn't help him.

1- He cant use more than 1 ability each night (his night kills are considered an ability)

2- He cant use the same ability twice.

3- He cant inherit "killing" abilities

Actually i think it was very balanced

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Khuutra said:

But if Soleron switched us and then Final-Fan aimed for him, I would die no matter what. Right?

@Soleron:

Holy moly

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

@nen about noname

He didn't tell me of two of those limitations.

Khuutra said:
nen-suer said:

receives his.

Not if the doctor protects you. Fate Swap takes priority than kills (just like a bus driver)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
Khuutra said:

Not if the doctor protects you. Fate Swap takes priority than kills (just like a bus driver)

No, I get how it works. What I'm proposing is this:

1. Doctor protects me (or not)

2. Soleron switches himself and me, so he is protected

3. Final-Fan aims for Soleron, and is redirected toward me, who is no longer protected, so I die

That how it works?

nen-suer said:
Khuutra said:
nen-suer said:

receives his.

I wish I'd known. We tried that trick THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW, the last one LEADING TO MY DEATH (because I didn't know it wouldn't block the Bomb).

Khuutra said:
nen-suer said:
Khuutra said:

3. Final-Fan aims for Soleron, and is redirected toward me, who is no longer protected, so I die

That how it works?

You will receive Soleron Fate, the action isn't "redirected"

If Soleron was suppose to die you die instead (and with the doctor protection he was safe)

Soleron said:
nen-suer said:
Khuutra said:
nen-suer said:

receives his.

I wish I'd known. We tried that trick THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW, the last one LEADING TO MY DEATH (because I didn't know it wouldn't block the Bomb).

But i thought you didn't know he was "da bomb" :P

nen-suer said:
Khuutra said:

That how it works?

You will receive Soleron Fate, the action isn't "redirected"

If Soleron was suppose to die you die instead (and with the doctor protection he was safe)

But te problem remains! If I only receive his "fate" then I still have the doctor protection, which means I die anyway because I receive the fate of an unprotected target. But if Fate Swap swaps doctor protection and kills, then it means that aiming at Soleron kills me straight-up as described above, unless you're saying that Fate Swap takes place BETWEEN the doctor and the kill action, in which ca-

Okay, listen

Here are two scenarios

1. I'm protected by a doctor. Final-Fan aims to kill Soleron. Soleron swaps himself and me. What happens?

2. Soleron is protected by a doctor. Final-Fan aims to kill me. Soleron swaps himself and me. What happens?