By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Rockstar Lays Off 40 From Red Dead Redemption Studio

Games always finish with more staff then they start with, so naturally with RDR now out they'll cut the numbers down.

The game was a developement mess mind you, had delay after delay, needs 5 million to break even... so chances are there was plenty of fat that needed trimming anyway. You can't **** up developement on that scale and not have cuts, some people simply didn't do a good job managing that games budget and time scale.

Around the Network

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.Style-1, li.Style-1, div.Style-1 {mso-style-name:Style-1; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Con l'arrivo della luce e dei primi soli, il nostro corpo sembra svegliarsi da un affaticato letargo, fatto di deperimento e tanto stress.

Se ci posizioniamo davanti allo specchio e cominciamo a spogliarci però, ci rendiamo conto di in che misura abbiamo fino a quel momento appesantito il nostro corpo.

Ecco perchè giunge il momento di correre subito ai ripari, magari ritagliandoci un pochino di tempo tra le mille cose da fare e regalando a noi stessi un po' di coccole nelle http://www.termeitaliane.com/italiano/italia.htm città termali presenti in Italia.

Le terme sono un dono della natura, e oggi vi si può accedere anche direttamente da uno dei tanti Hotel di lusso convenienti sparsi per lo stivale.

Che la nostra scelta sia Montecatini (Toscana), Viterbo (Lazio), Salsomaggiore (Emilia Romagna), Chianciano (Toscana) o altrove, non c'è niente di più facile che trovare il nostro albergo di lusso conveniente con le offerte last minute o selezionando magari gli sconti di bassa stagione.

Le città termali sono indicate  anche per coloro che fanno i conti con problemi e patologie alla cute, al sistema respiratorio, all'apparato digerente o al fegato.

E' sufficiente consultare il sito internet di ogni stabilimento termale per capire le acque (o i fanghi) e le terapie adatte alle proprie necessità. Vengono utilizzate infatti anche inalazioni, massaggi e altri tipi di trattamenti in ambito, per beneficiare in maniera completa di ciò che le terme hanno da offrire.

Hotel Economici Roma

spiffiness said:
strunge said:
spiffiness said:

Hmm I just heard from an industry insider who said the rumour is that it's mid-high level senior staff who were let go in order to cut costs. When I asked about the source of this rumour, they said it was from a survivor. Damn that's so nasty of Rockstar.

that's not nasty, the company has to survive. better that than bleed the company of funds paying for management and everyone losing their jobs.   

It is when they're firing those mainly responsible for making the game as good as it is, the people in charge of making the creative decisions, etc. But I'm sure these people will find jobs easily, and may be better off in the long run away from the reported slave driving going on there.

While true, these where also the people that were responsible for delay after delay (didn't they completely reboot development of the game more than once?) which led to a situation that they had to sell 5(?) million units just to break even.

twesterm said:

It's sad and I wish those people well but it's expected.  A 100 man team is huge, but a team nearly double that size?  I'm surprised they only let go of 40.

This.

You simply don't need 200 men to make a sequel to Red Dead Redemption.

greenmedic88 said:
zarx said:
johnsobas said:

they said they needed 5 million to break even, they are gonna get it but not a whole lot more than that.

If the don't they could always release a PC version lol. I am sure they will make up the difference on DLC.

You know a PC version will come out. That's just money left on the table otherwise.

But DLC does not require the efforts of the entire development team.

By the same token, if the RDR team is not under the same workload they had while developing RDR, there will be redundancies, namely the people who were likely hired under a contractual basis.

I hope they do bring out a PC version as long as it's a better port than GTA4. And the point I was trying to make is if they don't sell enough units to cover costs they will probably make up the difference with DLC as there is usually a good cost vs return on DLC. And as many have said of coarse there will be redundancies from such a large team and even if there is 3 separate pieces of DLC known you don't need 200 people for that and a sequel, especially if they brought in a lot of new people to finish off the game because it was so far over budget etc.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!