Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Pikmin 3 Graphic Style*

*Pikmin 3 Graphic Style*

Real 15 19.23%

Cel Shaded 8 10.26%

Mixed(Skyword Sword) 4 5.13%

Odd&Different(Epic Yarn) 7 8.97%

Same as 1st 2 but updated 43 55.13%

Total:77

What graphic style should Nintendo use in Pikmin 3 for the Wii?

Real_As real to life as possible.

Cel shaded_Zelda The Windwaker,Okami,Zack And Wiki.

Mixed_Real and Cel shaded mixed together to form something like Skyword Sword.

Odd&Different_Something nobody has seen before.

Same as 1st 2 but updated_Speaks for itself.

I want something odd and different maybe...something like clay instead of yarn would be great!

Around the Network

I think the same as 1 and 2, just with the extra poly, textures and effects that moving to the Wii would bring

*Sound Of Rain said:

I guess that means "realistic", right? First two were actually quite realistic, and I liked that a lot.

I think they should improve on that with the extra horsepower the Wii has.

(Above Post)

I couldn't make the picture small...anyway no that is supposed to be Pikmin if it has clay graphics.

Around the Network

Its Nintendo -- so it needs to maintain its main look.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Cel-shaded, because I didn't like the realistic aspect of Pikmin 1 (Wii NPC version).

I voted for the same style as the Gamecube entries.  Either way it should look really good; Miyamoto once even mentioned both Pikmin and Zelda as two Nintendo titles that he feels would really benefit from HD graphics, so it's obvious that the visual experience of many of Nintendo's games is very important to them.

Nintendo should sustain the same graphical style but update it. I would consider experimenting with the gameplay though.

Id love it if the game had  a Pikmin 2 art style to it, ie the "clay" style.