By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Psn Plus earnings..anyone know?

Vetteman94 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Probably very little, theres even the chance they may lose money on the service initially.

What would they be losing money on?

The cost to run, develop and market PSN . The cost of royalties to 2nd/third parties when they gave away content. The cost of bandwidth for people to download large games. Unlike Live, they have a completely different model, this is more a content subscription.

Around the Network

test

don't mind me

WilliamWatts said:
Vetteman94 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Probably very little, theres even the chance they may lose money on the service initially.

The cost to run, develop and market PSN . The cost of royalties to 2nd/third parties when they gave away content. The cost of bandwidth for people to download large games. Unlike Live, they have a completely different model, this is more a content subscription.

The content they gave away was 1st party. MAG, WIPE OUT, FAT PRINCESS....all owned by sony

WilliamWatts said:
Vetteman94 said:
WilliamWatts said:

These costs have always been there, its not like they started up these things when PS Plus became available.  

Vetteman94 said:
WilliamWatts said:
Vetteman94 said:
WilliamWatts said:

These costs have always been there, its not like they started up these things when PS Plus became available.  

The plus sign... I guess this forum eats it.

But they can't just give away first party content forever, they don't have enough of it. So in the near future they'll have to start giving away stuff from 2nd/3rd party developers as well, content which must be paid for.

Around the Network
WilliamWatts said:
Vetteman94 said:
WilliamWatts said:
Vetteman94 said:
WilliamWatts said:

The plus sign... I guess this forum eats it.

But they can't just give away first party content forever, they don't have enough of it. So in the near future they'll have to start giving away stuff from 2nd/3rd party developers as well, content which must be paid for.

Yeah your right, I wonder how much they have to pay for avatars and themes? They really need more GOW and KZ stuff in the psn

More than $1.

Less than $1 million.

So far at least.  (I can only hope they have not lost more money......................)