By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Psn Plus earnings..anyone know?

Does anyone know how much sony has made off of plus? I made a thread about how many friends have plus and it seems like a small percentage got it. So does anyone have anything on this?

P.S. I mean money earned just by signing up, not the purchases from it (infamous and some ad ons).

Around the Network

hard to tell. We're going to have to wait until sony mentions it, which they will at the next game show.

I think the feature is still too new for the consumers to know about it. It needs commercial coverage.

theprof00 said:

hard to tell. We're going to have to wait until sony mentions it, which they will at the next game show.

I think the feature is still too new for the consumers to know about it. It needs commercial coverage.

maybe they are avoiding that because they think people will confuse it with pay to play? I think they are just using psn ads and word of mouth via psn...i still get the question "what is that golden plus next to your name" lol

It's way to early, not even a month has gone by..

toMsons7551 said:

It's way to early, not even a month has gone by..

i know, was just wondering if there any info floating around about it.

Around the Network

I'd say it's probably in the low millions as of now.

It would only take twenty-thousand subscribers to reach one million $, if they bought a yearly plan.

Maybe it needs the Kevin Butler treatment

There's bound to be a few hundred thousand who have it already.

I'd imagine that right now its up to about 300,000 people. A pretty solid chunk of change. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:

I'd imagine that right now its up to about 300,000 people. A pretty solid chunk of change. 

If my math is right that would be over 5mil dollars if it was just 3 month subscirptions.