By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Party released in Japan, Gameplay on YouTube

Looks more fun than I expected, consider me intrigued now

Around the Network

Don't count Nintendo out so quickly..

I'm 100% sure this will be the definite Party title on Wii.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Thank you for embedding, Galaki!

BTW, does anyone know why the Japanese version have random stuff in English and random stuff in Japanese?

RCTjunkie said:

BTW, does anyone know why the Japanese version have random stuff in English and random stuff in Japanese?

I think he's using some kind of homebrew programme, especially since the Wii is region locked, isn't it?

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Buzzi said:
RCTjunkie said:

I think he's using some kind of homebrew programme, especially since the Wii is region locked, isn't it?

The ISO of WiiParty was analyzed and it have All the languages (english, French, etc) but the only one working is English but not 100%.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=129899

EDIT: The english language can be forced through homebrew...

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

Around the Network

Hmm.

Actually looks pretty neat. Less strategic than Mario Party, but the general precept looks more fun, and the mini-games seem awesome to boot.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

MrT-Tar said:

Looks more fun than I expected, consider me intrigued now

this is one thing I dont' get.  I mean there are so many party games out for the wii correct?

What are the developers doing?  I mean if I was making a game, I don't care what game it is, i would try and make it fun.

And especially a party game.  There is no story, no characters you have to stay true to, no really anything.  Its all up to you to make a FUN PARTY GAME.  And yet they come out with so much crap that isn't fun at all.  I mean why put some game in the game if it isn't fun or doesn't work?  what is the point. 

I mean what are they doing?  Guessing what they think others might find fun yet they themselves dont' find fun.  how can you do that?  i mean when i'm making food for people and didn't ask what they wanted, I don't go "hmm I really really hate this food, but i'm guessing they will like it" and then cook that.  That is stupid

^^ Whats with the negativity, i think i looks like a fun  little party game.

I mean what are they doing?  Guessing what they think others might find fun yet they themselves dont' find fun.  how can you do that?  i mean when i'm making food for people and didn't ask what they wanted, I don't go "hmm I really really hate this food, but i'm guessing they will like it" and then cook that.  That is stupid

... i know what you're trying to say but still wtf

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *

At first looks like Mario Party and that is easy to correlate.  However, I haven't played Mario Party in a very long time (last one I got into was 3).  I will buy this game.

L1nkToTheFuture said:

^^ Whats with the negativity, i think i looks like a fun  little party game.

... i know what you're trying to say but still wtf

huh, no i think this game does look fun.  was basically wondering how there are so many shitty party games out there.

i mean the developers making the game should find them fun right?  they wouldn't release a party game they don't enjoy playing would they?  cause that makes no sense to me that they would purposely release a game they dont' enjoy playing.