By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Move Truly Brings Motion Control To Core Domain

The acute accuracy of the PS3's Move controller will be what "truly" brings motion control "into the domain of core gamers", says the head of Sony India, Atindriya Bose.

"The biggest strength of the PS Move is its capability of supporting a very wide genre of games," he told Tech2, although he admits those core experiences will come after the run of family-friendly launch titles.

"While the initial launch games will focus on the family audience with fun games, PS Move will also have focus on the core gamers," Bose added. "Given the precision factors, there will be a number of core games from the action/adventure/shooting genre that will be coming in with Move functionality. This will not be restricted to SCE games but will cover many of the other publishers' titles also."

He concluded: "With the launch of PS Move, the motion sensing gaming can truly get into the domain of core gamers while enchanting the family gamers with fun games of their choice."

SCE worldwide boss Kaz Hirai said recently that core gamers were the focus for Move "first and foremost".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=255307?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Play Me

Around the Network

There's a Sony India?

The better question is.

Does sony india speak in English or is this translated

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Question is, will there be enough of a consumer base, who are core gamers.. AND own a PS3, AND want motion controls, AND don't already own a Wii?

Nobody is going to buy a PS3 just for Move, so needs to focus its marketting on its existing user base, and I'm not sure there is a huge market for more core based motion controls. Besides, Nintendo is already bringing motion control to the core domain, and it's called Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Metallicube said:

Question is, will there be enough of a consumer base, who are core gamers.. AND own a PS3, AND want motion controls, AND don't already own a Wii?

Nobody is going to buy a PS3 just for Move, so needs to focus its marketting on its existing user base, and I'm not sure there is a huge market for more core based motion controls. Besides, Nintendo is already bringing motion control to the core domain, and it's called Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Well, move would be to the market way before zelda

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

It appears to have some decent core titles currently lined up.

Metallicube said:

I have been seeing the core bash motion control on here over and over.  I am curious, even if Move works real well, if the core market would end up buying it.

richardhutnik said:
Metallicube said:

I have been seeing the core bash motion control on here over and over.  I am curious, even if Move works real well, if the core market would end up buying it.

I don't think they were bash motion controls in general. I think they were bashing motion controls because, for the most part, it was limited to the wii, which is known as a casual console for the most part. However move seems to already offers a decent lineup of core games months before launch. 

richardhutnik said:
Metallicube said:

There's quite a big diffrence beetween motion controls coming in underpowered 480p capable console with extremly limited supply of titles worth buying, which is sold at astronomical prices and motion controls added for proper console with huge existing library of games and support for good amount of games worth playing.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
richardhutnik said:
Metallicube said:

There's quite a big diffrence beetween motion controls coming in underpowered 480p capable console with extremly limited supply of titles worth buying, which is sold at astronomical prices and motion controls added for proper console with huge existing library of games and support for good amount of games worth playing.

Except that both of those systems came out at the same time, and the HD console had shit for games for years whiel the other one didn't. Still didn't make them buy it, motion controls or not. Fanboys is what it is.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835