By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - x360 slim enjoys us-sales spike but will it last

nightsurge said:
BHR-3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
BHR-3 said:

yes imo MS releasing the 360S was desperate and ripped off previous MS owners that have to settle for the older skus i wonder if MS made the older skus the way they did on purpose so that it would provoke previous owners to upgrade

heres why the ps3 slim wasnt desperate the ps3 slim was released 1st and sony has a history of releasing slims every gen MS doesnt its funny how theres some articles saying that the 360S was in dev since over 2 yrs ago but the ps3 slim beat it to the market and its tech is sub par compared to the ps3 slim, watt usage and the size if the 360S has been in dev that long why does it use almost double the watts? why is there still an external power brick? why is there no slot loading?

also the ps3 slim didnt have to add many features to achieve the high sales it did it actually striped some touch sensitive, shinny finish, other OS, usb posrts which to me wouldnt be classified a desperate attempt to achieve sales

no the ps3 was not release for sales there was no option for sony they had to make a system that cost less to make and in MS case they didnt and i wouldnt be surprised if the 360S cost the same to make or just slightly less then the older skus

not stop constantly quoting me and name calling me in threads b/c its making you look embarrassing ive explain myself why i think the 360s is a desperate attempt to achieve sales and in some case resales and i believe there good points you havent explained why you think it isnt you just named called in your post

also it doesnt matter if im one eyed or not im brave enough to show who i really am unlike some other posters on here that have to fake it

Wait, let me get this straight.

So when Sony was looking dead in the water, 3 years into their console's life, they released a stripped down, much cheaper version of their console to restore their poor sales. This is not desperate.

But when a 5 year old console releases a newer HIGHER END model with increased functionality and no price cut... it's desperation? Do you even read what you write? Even the most entrenched of Sony fanboys would struggle to agree with you here.

stop with the no price cut the 360 250gb did not replace the elite MS has confirmed that its not called 360S or slim simply 360 250gb and the last 250gb 360 i knew of was 349 or 399 with a game

yes high end why wasnt it released at launch like that? or 2-3 yrs later? did you not read my 1st few sentences in my post

There is clearly no point in arguing with you... your predictions are all god awful and your logic does not exist in the realm of intelligent thought.

Seriously for a while you were actually being an intelligent, logical poster but as of late you've taken a fast downhill turn.

i dont know why its so hard for most to understand i dont expect ya'll to agree with me or even care if you dont i was just commenting on how i was attacked for expressing my true feelings then i even explained why i thought this way and i still get name called

i still think it was a desperate move and you can say the the ps3 slim was desperate aswell but i still think the new 360 slim is even more so

another way i look at it is say im dating a girl or guy however you want to in vision it and while im dating her i mentioned that i hate emo guys there hair clothing style ect, then we break up and this girl is now dating a emo guy, then after that i try to look like a emo guy the hair the cloths ect. to get her back wouldnt i then be desperate?

back when ps3 came out MS fans were all like we dont need wireless you get better connection with cable, who cares if your console is sexier and shiny it gathers dust and finger prints and touch sensitive buttons arent reliable and id rather push a button instead of accidentally turning the console on while cleaning it,  and now yrs later MS console has all those features that were once criticized as unnecessary on the PS3

its also the same with the motion controls Nint. fans have every right to call sony and MS desperate if they wanted to i wouldnt hold it against them or criticize there thoughts in anyway

and no idt i was ever any different of a poster than im today 

Play Me

Around the Network

I'm saying no. Kinect will not make people without a 360 buy one with a bundle, unless there is a a cheap bundle, no more than $350. Most of these people probably own and are satisfied with a Wii.

360 S sales will be strong, but not 100K obviously until the holiday season (November-Jan)

@BHR-3, One point to make about the two console's wireless adaptors.
  PS3 - G wireless - 54Mbit max speed
  360s - N wireless - 300Mbit max speed
While I was not interrested in G wireless in the PS3 and 360 wireless add-on, due to the speed being too slow and unreliable for HD streaming, the prospect of N wireless is now a viable option.

A note to those who have multiple network connections in one location that is not accessable by wired connection ASUS has routers G and N with a 4 port switch built in that can be set as a repeater for $40.00CAD (G wireless 4 x 100MB wired) or 70.00 (N wireless 4 x 1GB wired) after rebate.  This means that you can plug multiple consoles/BR players/etc. into the router switch and have it connect wirelessly (as repeater) to the main house router.

As for touch buttons or gloss finish, these features are never a reason to purchase for me.

kowenicki said:
Tigerlure said:

I'm saying no. Kinect will not make people without a 360 buy one with a bundle, unless there is a a cheap bundle, no more than $350. Most of these people probably own and are satisfied with a Wii.

360 S sales will be strong, but not 100K obviously until the holiday season (November-Jan)

There will be a bundle less than that.. almost certainly.  The new 360S arcade plus kinect will almost certainly be less than $350 I would have thought.

New Arcade Slim $200 Kinect $150 ( I know the price isn't confirmed, but these are the rumors atm) = $350. I'm thinking they'll make a $150 Arcade Kinect Bundle or something if they really want it to sell but I doubt it.