By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Michael Jordan's Tongue Comes To 'NBA 2K11'

Since Michael Jordan announced his return to video games with "NBA 2K11" and Wayne Gretzky followed suit with an appearance in "NHL Slapshot," it only makes sense that the Chicago basketball icon would need to distinguish himself with some box art. He has done so with his tongue. But it's not the first time a tongue has gotten top billing.

"We knew as soon as we signed Jordan that we needed to do something special for the cover," 2K Sports vice president of marketing Jason Argent said in a press release. "This could possibly be the most highly anticipated cover art in the history of sports games and we think the image we came up with delivers on every front. I think fans will be pleasantly surprised at how Jordan is actually used in game, as NBA 2K11 will pay homage to 'His Airness' in many ways, but the cover art represented our first chance to stop and honor him along the way."

I'm going to go ahead and concede that title of "most highly anticipated cover art" to 2K Sports for now, mostly because I can't think of another box art example that I am anticipating for the rest of the decade. For that matter, I can't think of a single piece of box art that I have ever anticipated.

It's always nice to aspire to being something, though, so good for them.

Source

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

They needed Michael on the cover since there aren't any great players currently in the NBA.  Nowadays the "best" players don't win championships.  They just have one hour specials live on ESPN to tell the world where they are going to play next year and to feed their ego.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

^

Kobe Bryant says hello. Coincidently MJ is the greatest to ever play the game of basketball and hopefully next year's title delivers the same premise.

the way i define a great player is if he can lead his team to a championship at least twice.

so yes, at the moment, kobe is the only great player in the nba currently still playing well. but he was on the cover last year. so how do you go higher than that?

they picked the only logical player who can possibly top kobe at the moment. but the question is, where do they go after this? you can't go higher than jordan anymore. it's impossible.

I'm tempted to buy this game,just for this cover art. lol

Around the Network
amp316 said:

They needed Michael on the cover since there aren't any great players currently in the NBA.  Nowadays the "best" players don't win championships.  They just have one hour specials live on ESPN to tell the world where they are going to play next year and to feed their ego.

Don't forget or shun Kobe man. He deserves the praise with the work he puts in

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
amp316 said:

Yeah, Kobe is a great player.  I just wanted to get a cheap shot in on Lebron.

But I wouldn't rate Kobe as highly as Magic,Bird, and several others (certainly not Jordan).  He is definitely the best of this era, but this era isn't very good.  Duncan and Nash are two of the only players that I like and they're about to retire. 

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

ShadowSoldier said:
amp316 said:

Yeah, Kobe is a great player.  I just wanted to get a cheap shot in on Lebron.

But I wouldn't rate Kobe as highly as Magic,Bird, and several others (certainly not Jordan).  He is definitely the best of this era, but this era isn't very good.  Duncan and Nash are two of the only players that I like and they're about to retire. 

bugrimmar said:

the way i define a great player is if he can lead his team to a championship at least twice.

so yes, at the moment, kobe is the only great player in the nba currently still playing well. but he was on the cover last year. so how do you go higher than that?

they picked the only logical player who can possibly top kobe at the moment. but the question is, where do they go after this? you can't go higher than jordan anymore. it's impossible.

Tim Duncan. 4 rings. 3 time Finals MVP

Currently playing: Civ 6

cdude1034 said:
bugrimmar said:

Tim Duncan. 4 rings. 3 time Finals MVP

Shaq 4 rings. 3 time Finals MVP

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi