By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you crazy? You didn't beat that game?

Beaten: Splinter Cell Conviction, Final Fantasy XIII, Yakuza 3, BioShock 2, No More Heroes 2, Persona 4, Mirror's Edge, Gears of War 2, Modern Warfare 2, God of War Collection, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain

Shelved: Persona 3 FES, Final Fantasy XII, The World Ends With You, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time, Mass Effect

Just because I shelve games does not mean I didn't like them.

Around the Network

Shelved:

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
(dunno why, it just lost the appeal the first had, but I might play it eventually in the future, although I'd rather just play prime again)

that's pretty much it, I beat all my games. Can't believe you ppl buy so many games and then don't even finish them lol. Send em over here.

when you say shelved,

how much did you play of these games?

is it straight away,you just don't like it or do you go along way,obviously it varies

Above & Beyond

Reasonable said:

Sheesh you guys (and gals?) are wimps at finishing stuff.

The only game I've shelved is Lair which I only bought for 1.59 to see if it was really that bad (for the curious it wasn't but it wasn't that good either).  I do have some unfinished games due to time issues but I'll finish them later this year (the main one being Siren Blood Curse).

I'm thinking I I should just ask those of you shelving games to mail them to me - I'd save a fair bit on money as it looks like a lot of decent games are being shelved there.

Hey, be reasonable - when you buy games as often as some ofu s do, and some of them are as big as they are (Persona in partiuclar is pretty big), it's only natural that some will not be to one'sl iking. I mean, I intend to go back to Persona 4, yes, but can I really be blamed for setting it aside when I've got so many other games to play?

PS3

Beaten Shelved Games I keep
coming back to

God of War III
God of War Collection
Final Fantasy XIII
Assassin's Creed II
Resident Evil 5
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Mirror's Edge
Metal Gear Solid 4

Street Fighter IV ('cause I suck at it) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Tekken 6
Rock Band (DLC FTW!)

Wii

Beaten Shelved Games I keep
coming back to
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Punch Out!!
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Zack & Wiki
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
TLoZ: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil 4
Wario Ware Smooth Moves
EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins (at the last boss,
the motion control sword fighting sucks)
No More Heroes
Wii Fit
Boom Blox
Red Steel
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Wii Play
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii

Most games I didn't beat where shelved because I had a better game to play and never got back to them.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

OP still haven't played fallout3 yet? based on the games you've beaten, you should have played it

I havent beaten God of War3 and Infamous

Viva Pinata - Beat
Viva Pinata 2 - Beat
Fable II DLC - Beat
Oblivion DLC - Beat
Fallout 3 5 DLC's - Beat
Halo Wars - Beat (On Legendary )
Asasssin's Creed II - Beat
Bioshock - Beat
Bioshock 2 - Beat
Left 4 Dead - Beat
Left 4 Dead 2 - Beat
Prince of Persia - Beat
Burnout Revenge - Beat
GTAIV - Beat
Prototype - Beat
ODST - Beat
Lips - Beat
MKVSDC - Beat
Splinter Cell - Beat
Braid - Beat
Splosion Man - Beat
The Maw - Beat
Shadow Complex - Beat
GTA Episodes - Beat
Alan Wake - Beat
Halo 3 - Beat

Only game I havn't beat this gen is Dead Rising and Gears of War

I have a sad record. Majority of the games I own I have not beat.
My list would be fairly long to list but I shelved more games than I've ever beaten.

Many were just started
Some were played enough
Few were shelved unopened

theprof00 said:

OP still haven't played fallout3 yet? based on the games you've beaten, you should have played it

Yeah it's under 360 list

As far as how long I play them before I shelf it varies, at least 3 hours though.

@d21lewis - I just meant THIS gen lol

And yeah I shelve games when other games come around as well, the first 3 months of this year was bad for that, I blame that for not finishing Darksiders :P  And because it's shelved doesn't mean I won't go back to play it, just 95% sure I won't :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos