By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anybody seen the new China Vii commercial? Talk about Stupid

I will try to embed it here.  Check out the kids hair at about the 3:34 mark.  What the heck?  This is about the most genius yet stupid thing I have ever seen.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

I wonder what sort of tech they use in it. I'm fairly certain it still uses IR sensors, but what about inside it? And how about the construction? It's gotta be pretty mediocre and easily broken.

It makes me wonder. I mean, how do patents work in China, did Nintendo have a patent there, and will this affect their ability to get market share IN China (ESPECIALLY if China gets the impression that this "Vii" thing is of poor quality)?

SW-5120-1900-6153

LOL!!! Wow is all I can say about this!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

This is in no threat to the Wii whatsoever.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

My Wii nickname is N7. Thats because this is Nintendo's 7th generation console. VII (roman numerals, get it?). That said, despite the Wii being a phenomenal success, I think Nintendo should've used the name Vii first. I think it sounded cooler. Then again, a world with no Wii puns? What kind of world is that?

Around the Network

It certainly can be in China!

Of course it isn't anywhere else. I really hope you didn't think I was talking about anywhere except China.

But in China, if Nintendo didn't get a patent before these people came up with the "Vii", it's very possible these people copied all the same tech. I'm not sure how international patent issues work. But if they copied the same tech and patented it in China, then it's basically over for Nintendo's plans going to China.

However, I doubt they have the same tech. Nintendo probably owns legal rights to their tech worldwide, and these guys just copied the closest legal thing. But that brings another thing - reputation. If most Chinese residents find this thing to be of poor quality, with how similar it is to the Wii, they may attribute that same level of quality to the Wii as well.

The Vii has been out for quite some time now. We're talking almost since Wii's launch. That's almost two years head start on Nintendo in China. That's a lot of time, and far more than enough to develop a reputation and/or a fanbase.

You have to look at it like an ordinary Chinese resident. Someone whose entire life takes place in China may not ever have heard of this Japanese product. They know about Nintendo, but perhaps not the Wii (I mean, many ordinary Americans didn't know about the Wii until its launch HERE). They hear about this Vii thing, think it's the first of its type, then a couple years later, that Japanese Nintendo company comes around and releases a system just like it. They hear it's supposed to be better, but better than crap doesn't mean much. So they stay away.

Granted, I don't know how the Chinese culture is in respects to keeping up with stuff like that, but I'd have to say it definitely will affect things. How much? We can't be sure.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I hate those tv Channels X_X.

Mr. Sparkle?

Oh and the price is around 100$ .

i wonder why nintendo hasnt stoped this yet..i mean it pretty obvious what they are doing here