By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DQM: Battle Road Victory is looking even better than expected

Epic intro!

Around the Network

The intro seems like it would a Dragon Quest fan's dream. The heroes of the main games coming together to fight with you. And the trailer showed even more characters than that. I haven't the foggiest what this game will do in Japan but I do hope it does well. My biggest concern is with the card game aspect of it. 

Anywho, its on my watch list.

Wow! looks Very very good!!

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Jesus!  This better get localized...

Looks amazing, I love Akira Toriyama.

This could easily become Wii's second best selling third party game surpassing Taiko.

Bad news is that this will possibly never get localized, mainly because it uses cards which will not be sold here as DQ isn't that popular. Plus they will have to give it World Wide online support and get more servers.

The Arcade controller is another thing that will be not coming over.

Too bad, I hope we get a fan translation.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

The cards are all also available in-game from what I understand (both through the story and as DLC booster packs)... hopefully that just means they'll cut the DSi/phone scanning and bring it over as is.

I agree, this has a chance of reaching 2nd place for Wii 3rd party games, and probably 4th place on all consoles (behind MGS4, MH3 and FFXIII).  The only other titles on the far horizon that I can see selling more are Inazmua Eleven Wii, Ninokuni PS3, FFVsXIII and (obviously) Dragon Quest X.

jarrod said:

The cards are all also available in-game from what I understand (both through the story and as DLC booster packs)... hopefully that just means they'll cut the DSi/phone scanning and bring it over as is.

I agree, this has a chance of reaching 2nd place for Wii 3rd party games, and probably 4th place on all consoles (behind MGS4, MH3 and FFXIII).  The only other titles on the far horizon that I can see selling more are Inazmua Eleven Wii, Ninokuni PS3, FFVsXIII and (obviously) Dragon Quest X.

This game won't sell one milion? I was really imagining 2 millions for it...

*Disappointed...*

andremop said:
jarrod said:

This game won't sell one milion? I was really imagining 2 millions for it...

*Disappointed...*

A million's a tall order, but 600k-plus seems pretty likely imo.

Wii's next 3rd party million seller should be Dragon Quest VII. ;)

Here are some screens

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100708_379200.html

Looking good. <3