By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is their a news piece about NSMB being fastest game to 15 million?

Khuutra said:
Seece said:

There is no "grief" why must you be so patronising to me Khuutra?

It's perfectly resonable to bring up, it's initiated a good debate, several mods have posted (thus agreeing the topic is fine), nobody has broken any rules (a part from one guy)

At the end of the day, I felt it needed to be brought up. I already said why I'm not going to Brett, he doesn't need to be bothered with this when he's working on 3.0. And Source ignores my comments in threads and walls. He felt he already justified why he didn't add MW2 in his article so anything I say would be meaningless.

We're not NeoGaf, the beauty of VGC is we can debate the numbers, (and thus articles) as long as we have something meaningful to back it up, I've heard Brett say this several times.

Furthermore I havn't slated the site in anyway, the article is fine, it's the title that gripes me.

That isn't what "patronizing" means, either. I can be accused of many things, but being patronizing is not one of them.

I don't care about your justification for it; the implicit approval of the mods does not change the fact that it comes across very unprofessionally.

Unprofessional?

Seriously, the use of the word is being tampered with. The Source needs to realize, this type of errors can not be accepted when this site is finally getting bigger. We already have plenty of people attacking this site, we don't need misleading articles to add to the insult.

The fastest selling game is MWF2, and he knows too.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Daaaannnggg, people need to chill out 0.o

Gnizmo said:
Cobretti2 said:

I agree with you guys, except most people say the Wii verison is just a clone of the DS verison with better graphics.

However, does not change the fact that I think the title should of been quickest exclusive game to sell to 15million.

So you have never played the game, and are trying to comment on it? Thats special. There are almost no similarities between the two games outside of superficial ones like names and characters.

eer I know they are different I own both. I am saying "other people claimed the game to be a clone (mainly hd owners)" NOT ME. read my comments correctly before posting.

Khuutra said:

They would be using "patronizing" incorrectly too, then. You can call me many things: prideful, sanctimonious, mean-spirited, arrogant, angry, narrow-minded, rude, and many others, but accusing me of being patronizing is patently incorrect, especially in the context in which you used the word. You used it incorrectly.

The Source is here: now you can argue with him directly. Have fun.

I wouldn't call you narrow-minded.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

ok I get it now

so your complainin cuz the poster didnt specify exclusive in the tittle but he still did it in the whole thing.So why dont you just go tell him instead of lookin like someone who's hatin.The title might be wrong but the news is still right.

Nowadays people just whine about everythin huh

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

eer I know they are different I own both. I am saying "other people claimed the game to be a clone (mainly hd owners)" NOT ME. read my comments correctly before posting.

Sorry. I was cooking and reading the thread and missed the critical parts.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

pearljammer said:
TX109 said:
Boutros said:
liamtoh669 said:

Umm, because it's news?

Not that much since it's not really the first game to 15 million. First exclusive game yes though.

that's exactly why it's news. if MW2 were an exclusive, it probably would have still done it faster. unfortunately, it was multiplat, so it doesn't really count in that regard.

Who makes up these arbitrary rules anyhow?

I couldn't care less what game reached 15 millions copies sold faster, but I think Modern Warfare 2 is one game, regardless of how many platforms it is on. If they're referring to games belonging to a specific console, state it as so, otherwise it's just confusing/misleading (unintentional). For a news article, it's an error that should be fixed, I think.

arbitrary, yes, but that's how it is. again, had MW2 been on only one platform, it probably would have had this record sooner. but it wasn't, so it falls into a different category as far as sales records. i'm not saying it's not one game, nor am i trying to downplay the game's success, i'm just trying to explain the reason for the article in the best way possible. with regards to your last statement, while it was noted that NSMBW was on only one platform, i agree that it could have been stated more clearly, perhaps put in the title.

twistedcellz said:

ok I get it now

so your complainin cuz the poster didnt specify exclusive in the tittle but he still did it in the whole thing.So why dont you just go tell him instead of lookin like someone who's hatin.The title might be wrong but the news is still right.

*sigh* no that's not it at all.

It's already been cleared up though so I'm not going over it again.

Seece said:
twistedcellz said:

ok I get it now

*sigh* no that's not it at all.

It's already been cleared up though so I'm not going over it again.

nah just say it, Im not gonna argue about it. Im just tryin to understand why you feel the news would be wrong besides for the title.

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

This thread should have be locked many pages ago.

It was created to complain about a news, just because it is a good news related to nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2 had many news when it broke all the records it did, now because a fact is presented, NSMB Wii the fastest 15m selling game on one console, a thread must be created to complain that a fact about sales is a news on a sales site.

lol

That thread made me remember all the discussion when many threads were made around the internet complaining about all the Galaxy2 high scores, there is no deference here.

The meaning this thread exists is to complain why the news exists

"Why is their a news piece about NSMB being fastest game to 15 million?"

And we have 10 pages of useless discussion where we have two schools of thought (like Boutros said on first page) repeating the same arguments endlessly.