By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Proof that Forza at E3 works for real and perfectly.

I see they got more accurate now... :P

Around the Network

I don't get it, so you can't play Forza 4 with a controller right? Kinect games can't use a controller because that'd throw the whole 'controller free gaming' concept right out of the window? 

P.S. I'm being a smart ass, but I'm actually curious if Microsoft are going to allow controller's to be used with the Kinnect.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

It's amazing that people have to dispell the most simplest technology demos (like panning around a car by tilting your body) as false when anyone with a few braincells knows they're well within the realms of current technologys.

Smidlee said:
kiefer23 said:
Smidlee said:

One of the thing I don't like about console racing games is they are clearly design for a controller while steering wheel support is often an after thought. Kinect as a steering wheel is a huge step backward since there is no forcefeed back, no resistance to pedals ... what am I thinking no pedals at all and I thought DFGT pedals sucked. I have a feeling the next Forza will be  design around Kinect with wheel support again  as an after thought especially FFB.

Also moving around to room to see your car is  lame. It's like wow "I can get up and change channel on my HDTV instead of  using the remote". Head tracking on the pc is better than Kinect since i can look around the car with just little head movement vs moving around the room.

Fantec Porsche 911 Turbo S Racing Wheel says hi.

It was made for Forza 3 and had everything you listed plus clutch support.

360 wheel says hi too yet even Forza 3 (as well as all 360 racing games) steering wheel is an after thought.(there is athe case where  controls are mapped to the right analog stick which wheels don't have.) When  the 911 Turbo S  first came out some thought the wheel's FFB was weak until they learn it was Forza 3 not the wheel. GT3 RS v2 is Fanatec best wheel  I would still get this instead even though it's not for 360. 

A good wheel still needs good software to take advantage of the wheel.

It's never been an after thought on Forza... this is a game that supports three screens on three consoles... that stuff was build in from the start and the wheel is to... it's not going to compare to the massive customizable wheel sets that you can find for SimBin and other PC Sims, but it's certainly not an after though

I don't see great value in having a virtual tour of a car. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty cool to be able to do what they are doing but for me, I just want to get in the car and drive the bloody thing. Actually looking at the car and it's showcase is something that would ware off me pretty quick. That's just my opinion and it's not a critique of the technology.

Around the Network

With Selnor its always better than perfection. Well, until it releases... lol