By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

carlosmp said:

I think PS3 will never overtake X360.

all ps3 has to do to overtake the 360 is be on the market for the same number of years, thats it 

Around the Network
rohn13 said:

Cute how you named yourself Godofwar3_forever to hide you xbox fanboy bias.

Well, I still think the PS3 will catch up based on 

• the 2011 exclusive games lineup for PS3
  •  the PS3 is still $299 at it's lowest prise
  • GT5 is yet to release
No one knows if Kinect will move consoles or not. People expect MS advertising to magically make people buy a 360. If that is true and Kinect really takes off, then the PS3 won't catch up, although I doubt that'll happen.  

In America, no. The PS3 doesn't have a chance. I do agree with many people that Sony has done a 180 degree turn with this console, and I'm glad. And for third place, this console has sold great. Will it take over the 360 for lifetime sales? Probably not. There are no guarantees though. People are still buying the PS2, which to me is absurd, but the PS2 had the best lineup of games ever, so far. I guess we'll wait and see.

Monges79 said:

In America, no. The PS3 doesn't have a chance. I do agree with many people that Sony has done a 180 degree turn with this console, and I'm glad. And for third place, this console has sold great. Will it take over the 360 for lifetime sales? Probably not. There are no guarantees though. People are still buying the PS2, which to me is absurd, but the PS2 had the best lineup of games ever, so far. I guess we'll wait and see.

Year to Year PS3 sells more worldwide, so all ps3 has to do to beat 360 in sales is be on the market for the same amount of years, if it does that it will take over the 360 in lifetime sales, not to mention the ps3 is alot more future proof so I can see it being out for more years then 360 

Around the Network

i dont see the ps3 catching up

Halo_Reach said:

i dont see the ps3 catching up

if the ps3 had a year on the market after the 360 was discontinued it would overtake it no problem it sells on average 9.5 million a year and the gap is less then 3 million, 360s head start is the only thing keeping it in the lead it only sells about 8.34 million a year

1.16 difference in average sold a year 3.58 gap so if ps3 is out a third of a year after 360 stop being sold or their both out for another 3.1 years the ps3 will have more total sold then the 360

makingmusic476 said:
Michael-5 said:

The fact of the matter is PS3's recent burst of popularity was due to the PS3 Slim, not a price cut, not the games, not the fact that blu-ray is more popular. Now that the 360S has launched in Americas, and is a showing a stronger sales rate then the PS3 Slim had, the 360 will not only regain it's initial sales lead, but it will re-establish it's peak sales lead of 8.5 million, and will re-take the European and Other reagions.

This just in:  Sales of a console have nothing to do with price, software, or features.  It's all about the shape and size of the box!

It's not the size of the box, it's the vibration of the controller :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

unknown_soul89 said:
Monges79 said:

Year to Year PS3 sells more worldwide, so all ps3 has to do to beat 360 in sales is be on the market for the same amount of years, if it does that it will take over the 360 in lifetime sales, not to mention the ps3 is alot more future proof so I can see it being out for more years then 360 

How is the PS3 more future proof? when we look back and we see the PS2 - the weakest hardware last gen- being the one console that lasted the longest. So if anything the Wii is the more future proof console.

I think the next generation of systems will be upon us soon and this current race will be irrelevant. The PS3 and 360 will probably finish within less than 10 million units of each other, a triumph for MS and a defeat to Sony. 

algorith said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Monges79 said:

How is the PS3 more future proof? when we look back and we see the PS2 - the weakest hardware last gen- being the one console that lasted the longest. So if anything the Wii is the more future proof console.

I think the next generation of systems will be upon us soon and this current race will be irrelevant. The PS3 and 360 will probably finish within less than 10 million units of each other, a triumph for MS and a defeat to Sony. 

He never mentioned anything about the power of the console. When he says future proof, I think he may be referring to the games scheduled  to be released, potential for price cuts, etc.