By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What can Sony do and should they do anyhting?

This is just a question....The 360 is doing great and though i'm not an expert anaylst like some here I think it's safe to say that there will be a drop in HW sales after the discounted models are gone (to think these sales are carried by the new model alone is ludicrous). Should sony just ride this out or should they do something? The ps3 is finally profitable so I don't see the point in a price cut, unless psn plus was released to make up losses for a future cut? Again I'm no expert at this so I would appreciate someone clarifying this for me. Thanks!

P.s. I still can't post in threads so if you want a direct response from me I'll have to it on the wall (is anyone gonna fix that?)

Around the Network

Depends on how long the rise in sales last.

For now, they should let things play out the way they are.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

pointless discussion about right now.  Sony will do something when the move releases, no sooner regardless how amazing 360 sales coudl continue

compare when the ps3 slim came out and new redesigned xbox360 came out. the impact is alot less for the xbox. although I am not sure if the sales are from the new redesigned 360 or the older model at discounted price. if it is the latter, it will be very short term sale spike.

pslee said:

compare when the ps3 slim came out and new redesigned xbox360 came out. the impact is alot less for the xbox. although I am not sure if the sales are from the new redesigned 360 or the older model at discounted price. if it is the latter, it will be very short term sale spike.

Keep in mind this doesn't account for PAL regions yet, as the 360S hasn't released there yet.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

The PS3 is doing fine, i'm not at all surprised and the current higher sale of the 360 is only a bump for Sony.

If the 360 outpaces the PS3 significantly, then Sony will look at the idea of cutting the price no doubt about it.  

In terms of other tactical measures the PS3 has some other new things going for them.

They still have another source of revenue, PSN .  

They still have steamworks integration for the future though that will take until late 2011 for us to get more than a handfull of games that have it but over the long-term Sony would want to integrate steamworks into as many games as possible so I expect that number to go up. It should also give the PS3 a great way to get more sales without having to do a whole lot.  So it's a freebie for them. 

ugh just saw japan numbers

Xbbjf9s said:

15/17k sold were slim.

Seece said:
Xbbjf9s said:

15/17k sold were slim.

And it was also because of the new Monster Hunter game or whatever its name was. Expect those sales to fall as fast as they rose lol. I give it 2, maybe 3 weeks in Japan tops.

Tigerlure said:
Seece said:
Xbbjf9s said:

15/17k sold were slim.

And it was also because of the new Monster Hunter game or whatever its name was. Expect those sales to fall as fast as they rose lol. I give it 2, maybe 3 weeks in Japan tops.

Don't you think everybody knows this already?

It doesn't negotiate the fact there wear cheaper arcades and elites, yet people bought their MH with a new slim.