By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Play...best selling game ever?

naznatips said:
TheSource said:
My take is Nintendogs will be the best selling game of all time. It still sells really well in the West, and is already at 15+ million units.

That's very unlikely.  I seriously doubt it will outsell Pokemon RGB at 31 million.

i think diamond and pearl could overtake rgb

Around the Network
ShastaMasta said:
naznatips said:
TheSource said:
My take is Nintendogs will be the best selling game of all time. It still sells really well in the West, and is already at 15+ million units.

That's very unlikely.  I seriously doubt it will outsell Pokemon RGB at 31 million.

i think diamond and pearl could overtake rgb

That's even more unlikely.  Diamond and Pearl is selling very well, but it's unlikely it will outsell any Pokemon games past RS.

Did leo just pop into this thread, announce his disgust at people being able to discuss Wii Play without criticizing it, and pop back out again?

Anyway, it is a tech demo, but that's hardly a thing to hate about it. It's meant to show people what the wiimote can do, and it does a perfectly good job at it. I didn't play it much, but it was good entertainment for the very little money it put me back. Now that I think of it, my parents bought it for me, so I should be even happier with it. =P

This site tracks sales of video games, and Wii Play should definitely be tracked as well. Any "list of best selling games ever, assuming they cost $50-60 and don't come bundled with anything" can obviously omit it, but such measurement of virtual cocks is not the primary purpose of this site (AFAIK anyway).

TheSource said:

i dont think it will pass 40 million

TheSource said:

That's very good, but I can't see why. I tried the game earlier this year. But its basically for kids I guess.

Around the Network

PosGameConsole

Sales
Super Mario Bros   40.24m
Pokemon Red / Green / Blue   31.38m
Tetris   30.26m
Duck Hunt   28.31m
Pokemon Gold / Silver   23.11m
Super Mario World   20.61m
Super Mario Land   18.14m
Super Mario Bros 3   17.28m
The Sims   16.08m
Nintendogs   15.41m
Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire   15.19m
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas   14.88m
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec   14.87m
Pokemon Yellow   14.64m
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City   14.20m
Wii Sports   13.56m
Pokemon Diamond / Pearl   11.98m
Super Mario 64   11.89m
Grand Theft Auto 3   11.60m
New Super Mario Bros   11.33m

Will Wii Sports get into the top 10 at the end of the year? Probably yes! It should even be able to pass Super Mario Land (7th) this year!!! It "must" pass Super Mario Bros. 3 this year... so Wii Sports will be at least the 7th most sold game ever. It depends on how many Wiis there will be sold at the end of 2007 if Wii Sports can pass SML, but SMB3 shouldn't be a bigger problem. Wii Play won't probably even reach 10M this year; so there's a long way between Wii Play and the 20-in-top. Wii Play just has to wait for 2008, like Wii Fit...

Nintendo clearly dominates anyway!

People complain for WiiSports being bundle game, in most parts of the world for now. Wasn't Smb a bundle game also (with duckhunt) ?

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Game Over! said:
Will Wii Sports get into the top 10 at the end of the year? Probably yes! It should even be able to pass Super Mario Land (7th) this year!!! It "must" pass Super Mario Bros. 3 this year... so Wii Sports will be at least the 7th most sold game ever. It depends on how many Wiis there will be sold at the end of 2007 if Wii Sports can pass SML, but SMB3 shouldn't be a bigger problem. Wii Play won't probably even reach 10M this year; so there's a long way between Wii Play and the 20-in-top. Wii Play just has to wait for 2008, like Wii Fit...

Nintendo clearly dominates anyway!

my thread should really have been more popular

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=7977

Punisher said:
People complain for WiiSports being bundle game, in most parts of the world for now. Wasn't Smb a bundle game also (with duckhunt) ?

Yep it was, those 2 games were the only games my parents had for there gift nes. They never bought any other games for it... :(