By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Japan's Lost Odyssey Commercial!!!!! OMG!!!! GREAT!!!!!

Harvey Birdman said:
Well when does LO hit state side?
Sometime in feb of 08 i believe. I think this game will sell 70k its first week, thats pretty solid for an xbox game in japan. 

Around the Network

70k is about what Halo 3 did, this should do much better as it was made with Japan specifically in mind. 150k minimum

Dont forget that they are doing an amazing Lost Odyssey bundle with the xbox 360. They will get Lost Odyssey, Viva Pinata, and Forza Motorsport 2. http://www.sej.co.jp/cmp/xbox/index.html

those commercials kinda suck.. they dont tell you anything.. could have given at least another 5 seconds of gameplay.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

eugene said:
Dont forget that they are doing an amazing Lost Odyssey bundle with the xbox 360. They will get Lost Odyssey, Viva Pinata, and Forza Motorsport 2. http://www.sej.co.jp/cmp/xbox/index.html
I think that this shows just how truly desperate ms is to penatrate the japanese market. Imagine if sony did something similiar with a 40 gig, white knight story, gt5:prologue, and ratchet and clank. Theyd sell so many. Same if Nintendo had a wii, mario kart, and galaxy bundle. We know theyd sell like crazy but MS is the only one desperate enough to NEED something like this. Ill assume all these bundles sell out but if they dont and LO effectivly "flops" (60k or less) then i think MS should really reconsider thier presence in japan.

Around the Network

IF this doesnt boost sales then just leave japan and say f*ck you and go to europe. Seriously best move right there i think for MS

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
ssj12 said:
those commercials kinda suck.. they dont tell you anything.. could have given at least another 5 seconds of gameplay.

At least they show gameplay unlike certain other peoples commercials (sony cough)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I agree, if they dont appreciate all the hard work and all the great deals, Microsoft should just get out. They sell 400k a month here and sold that many in 2 years over there. they should just leave and stick their middle finger up.

Lost tears of Kain said:
ssj12 said:

At least they show gameplay unlike certain other peoples commercials (sony cough)

actually Sony's newest commercials do

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Well it was a bit schmalzig, but I like the game.