By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare have surprises in the coming months!

Do you think, like some of us here, that E3 has been a little bit spoiled by editors who released announcements weeks before the show and left less surprises for the show ?

[LarryHr] - I’ll say that it certainly does not help. Most anyone likes a surprise, and when a surprise is pre-empted by someone else it can lead to disappointment.

What do you think about Sony and Nintendo’s E3 ? How does Microsoft feel about the new PSN paid version ?

I always enjoy Sony’s and Nintendo’s announcements… After all I am a gamer as well ! Regarding the PSN paid version, I will say that Xbox LIVE will continued to invest and innovate to be console’s premiere online service

A big part of the Microsoft conference was about Kinect/casual games, do you know if the Gamescon will be more balanced with, maybe, some gamer surprises for Kinect ?

I know they’re planning Gamescon now, but I don’t know the details of those plans… Sorry.

We expected Rare games at E3 but we only saw Kinect Sports. We can’t believe this is the only game they are working on currently now. Can we expect surprises from Rare in the coming months ?

Of course 

Is the hardest challenge for Microsoft will be to make coexist these two worlds (casual and hardcore) risking to unclear the communication around the Xbox brand ? Will Microsoft have to divide his forces (until now all dedicated to gamers ) ?

The Xbox 360 will always be home to ‘hardcore’ gamers. We’ve built up the hardware (console) software (games) and service (Xbox LIVE) to make it the defacto choice for gamers and that will not change. With Kinect we’re looking to expand our reach which in the end will be better for everyone.

Microsoft talked about some others announcements for Gamescom. Can we have a little teaser or is it top secret ?

No comment 

Some of us think there is no place anymore for people who are neither hardcoregamers just loving fps/war games nor casual gamers with too childish games, there’s a kind of middle which seems to disappear. What do you think about that ?

There is indeed a place for them ! There will always be ultra-enthusiasts and casual gamers. The middle audience may not be obvious, but they’re there !

Have you already spoke to Milo ?

I have not had the pleasure yet.

Thanks for giving us a little bit of your time Major !

http://www.xboxygen.com/Focus/Interviews/Major-Nelson-a-l-honneur-sur-Xboxygen?artpage=3-3

Around the Network

I expect a core game from them announced at gamescon

a big game is impending from them

please let it be new Perfect Dark Zero or Viva Pinata Kinect

Solid_Snake4RD said:

i feel like i've been hearing that for years now and yet nothing much has come from them in terms of games. i'm pretty sure a lot of their time has been soaked up by avatars/kinect.

2005 - kameo, perfect dark zero

2006 - viva pinata

2007 -

2008 - viva pinata trouble in paradice, banjo-kazooie

2009 -

2010 - kinetic sports

Around the Network
selnor said:

I had to read the 3-4 times before it made any sort of sense.

kitler53 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

i feel like i've been hearing that for years now and yet nothing much has come from them in terms of games. i'm pretty sure a lot of their time has been soaked up by avatars/kinect.

2005 - kameo, perfect dark zero

2006 - viva pinata

2007 -

2008 - viva pinata trouble in paradice, banjo-kazooie

2009 -

2010 - kinetic sports

yeah thats why i daid that a BIG game is expected from them as they have not performed well in recent times so depening on their past performances,a big game is expected

Mistershine said:
selnor said:

I had to read the 3-4 times before it made any sort of sense.

Likewise

Please, PLEASE let it be a new Conker game.

New Conker, New Killer Instinct, Kameo 2, Perfect Dark 2 or Banjo-Kazooie 3?

Rare have released only a few games since Microsoft purchased them from Nintendo. Not one single AAA game from Rare has ever appeared on a Microsoft console. 

Most likely it could be another Viva Pinata game or more games for Kinect.