By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - question for everyone that owns a ps3 and xbox360.

how many of you are married wiht more then one kid? or are most live at home not married with no bills? the few guys i know that has a 360 and ps3 has no bills and still live at home with mommy and daddy.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network

So you're implying that $800-$1000 is so expensive that you have to live at home with your parents to afford it?

I live on campus at UH with a room mate. Yes, your assumption is correct. The main demographic of these systems are guys between 14-30. So whats new? They also spend the most on games.

I'm in University and have a good amount of debt, I rent, pay for my tuition, buy all my own food and still managed to pick up a 360, a wii, and if it had the right games I'd buy a PS3 as well. I just happen to be really good at making budgets. I'm sitting a lot better than most of my friends who don't buy near as much gaming stuff that I buy. The trick is to not spend so much on food and clothes. All my friends spend tonnes of money on food and clothes. I buy cheap food and rarely eat out. I also wear all the clothes I have and rarely have to buy more. It's really not that expensive to buy these things. Considering if I didn't have a 360 I'd probably spend a whole lot more money on going to the movies or renting movies or eating out. But instead my girlfriend and I just play video games together instead of going out and spending.

I also bought Rock Band. It's totally worth it's price tag.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy

Not married (though will be somewhat soon) but I have a PS3, 360, and a Wii and I even pay my own bills (of course the PS3 was free).

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
So you're implying that $800-$1000 is so expensive that you have to live at home with your parents to afford it?

no just that i am married with 2 kids and one on the way and the wya the housing market is right now and everything else spending 800-1000 isnt feasable and not worth spending that on a machine to play videogames. besides my house payment costs less then 900. i just wanna know where everyone stands that owns either of those two machines.

twesterm said:
Not married (though will be somewhat soon) but I have a PS3, 360, and a Wii and I even pay my own bills (of course the PS3 was free).

getting it free is a different story but buying it though would have probably put a dent in that wedding huh?3

twesterm said:

How did you get a free PS3?

cool48 said:
twesterm said:

Store credit from getting rid of a ton of DVD's and he didn't want to take the huge hit from accepting cash instead.

scorptile said:
twesterm said:

getting it free is a different story but buying it though would have probably put a dent in that wedding huh?3

If I really wanted one affording one wouldn't be a huge problem, I'd just have to adjust my budget and save a little.  Weddings cost enough that $500 don't mess with things too much. 

cool48 said:
twesterm said:

The first one I traded in a crap load of movies that I had to get rid of (didn't have the space-- or more specifically the girlfriend didn't like seeing them) and the second was a Christmas present from work.