By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Plus $88 Value in 1st Month alone

Notorius.A.i.G said:

What do you actually get to keep after your subscription ends ? The avatars and DLC ?

the avatars and dynamic themes are for yours to keep

the discounted games or DLC or anything you bought is for yours to keep

just the FULL PSN,MINI's games are till subscription ends.they all become activated again once you subscribe again

Around the Network

Hey, I live in Brazil, have a HongKong PS3 slim, and a US PSN account. =P

May I subscribe do PSN Plus? Or is like region(HK)/ip(BR) blocked?

Onibaka said:

no you can subscribe whatever PSN PLUS you want to do it for

Does any one know if the subscription includes Quore?

magent_mx said:

Does any one know if the subscription includes Quore?

YES IT DOES

and FIRST PLAY in UK

Around the Network

also we will get free Qore, i paid for Qore 2 years ( first year 25 bucks second year 20 bucks )

so yeah i am gonna sign up for this

Onibaka said:

I hope it's not. I have a japanese PS3 and I live in Argentina.

Its not $88 in value if all you are doing is just renting the games.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:

Its not $88 in value if all you are doing is just renting the games.....

THE DISCOUNTED games aren't rented,enither are free dynamic themes and avatars

Solid_Snake4RD said:
KylieDog said:

In Europe you can buy Wipeout HD and Fury expansion on disc for less than Wipeout alone costs on PSN.

Puts PSN value into perspective "Hey all this stuff that we overcharge for with stupid prices...well you get to RENT it and have discounts that still cost MORE than the disc versions that you get to keep!"

Lets not forget the offering select pieces of DLC like a single map pack that will stop you being able to buy bundles that include it, with the other seperate pieces meaning you in fact didn't save any money at all if you buy them out of bundle.

you forget why PSN games are costlier as people again and again download stuff which costs bandwidth which we don't pay for not like XBL where they have a fee which can compensate a bit for the bandwidth

Because of the approach XBL has, they enable a lot more demos and content to be made available for no charge.  I believe everything, including the Indie games, has demos.  You do pay to play online, but beyond that, that approach covers the cost of the infrastructure.  Silver, the free side of things, gets content for free, and more of it.

I don't get the appeal here.  I see Sony wants to have some of what Microsoft has, so they roll out a deluxe version of their other service, with the hope that the additional content gets people to sign up for it.  And yes, you get access to over $80 of value each month.  Whether or not is relevant value is another story.