By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim Lauch Vs Xbox 360 s Launch!

It's not that I don't like MS, I gave it a shot, I didn't like the layout nor the results my searches gave me (which to me was the most important aspect).  So, it wasn't as good as, or better than, my current default stuff that I was used to, so there was no reason for me to use it.

Around the Network

Forgot to mention that Ps3 slim got a U$ 100 price cut at that time.

EncodedNybble said:

It's not that I don't like MS, I gave it a shot, I didn't like the layout nor the results my searches gave me (which to me was the most important aspect).  So, it wasn't as good as, or better than, my current default stuff that I was used to, so there was no reason for me to use it.

Fair enough. 

I just hate how Google has gotten. You something in, and it brings up so many irrelevant searches. I went back to Yahoo and Altavista until Bing came along. 

I used to love Google. But they need to revise their engine.

Billy Gun said:

Forgot to mention that Ps3 slim got a U$ 100 price cut at that time.

No thats in the op. I will add to the OP however the 360 elite dropped to $299. 

I mean heck, I even gave ask.com a chance after there "it's the algorithm!" campaign, too bad that the algorithm they were touting kinda sucked.  I used that once, so, at least bing beat that for me (I used bing twice) ;)

Around the Network
selnor said:
Wagram said:
EncodedNybble said:

Yeah the cash back stops in July sometime.  I tried bing twice, didn't like the results it gave me, went back to google immediately.

Just used it for the cash back. Google has always been my primary search engine, as well as my home page.

I know you guys dont like M$. But Bing is very very good. 

It doesnt bring unecessary crap up like Google does now. And it's much more modern. It may be unecessary to some. But the picture feature is really good. Ive learnt alot just by the info boxes and pictures it has. 

So far it's been the most accurate engine Ive used yet. Of course there is still time for it to be ruined like Google has ( bringing up crap that has nothing to do with what your after ) but right now, it's prettier, more accurate and easier to use.

I like Microsoft. I just never had a purpose to use bing. Other than steal money from them.

Got to wonder how many of those 129,000 Xbox 360 were users trading in their old system for a new one. Might not end up being that many new Xbox owners.

EncodedNybble said:

Yeah the cash back stops in July sometime.  I tried bing twice, didn't like the results it gave me, went back to google immediately.

I never tried Bing. Google 4 Life!

selnor said:
dahuman said:

Well technically the old models got a price drop, with arcade at 150 and elite at 200, I can see people who are tighter on money going for the older model easily, so it really depends on when the old models sell out and eventually be replaced by new models only, before that happens, I think the 360 numbers would be quiet high. That's one thing the PS3 wasn't able to do when the Slim came out, at best, they were at the same price with "more" features instead of the other way around. What I'm trying to say is that MS marketing strategy is better than Sony's on this account, and it clearly shows.

On a side note, if the PS3 drops in price again, I strongly urge you to pick up a PS3 Selnor, you are really missing out on some awesome games on it. Some of these exclusive Sony games, you just have to play them to understand.

As much as I want to I'm buying a 360s in 3 weeks. 

Also Kinect in November. My money is tied right now. With Reach and 4 Kinect games and Crysis 2 etc etc. PS3 is a no go for me this year.

You're seriously depriving yourself as a gamer.  I can't see how a hardcore gamer is willing to give up some excellect "traditional controller" games for a few shallow "wave your hands in the air" games.  It sound like it's more about the company than playing the games for you.  Well, I'm sure my message will fall on some open ears.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
selnor said:
dahuman said:

Well technically the old models got a price drop, with arcade at 150 and elite at 200, I can see people who are tighter on money going for the older model easily, so it really depends on when the old models sell out and eventually be replaced by new models only, before that happens, I think the 360 numbers would be quiet high. That's one thing the PS3 wasn't able to do when the Slim came out, at best, they were at the same price with "more" features instead of the other way around. What I'm trying to say is that MS marketing strategy is better than Sony's on this account, and it clearly shows.

On a side note, if the PS3 drops in price again, I strongly urge you to pick up a PS3 Selnor, you are really missing out on some awesome games on it. Some of these exclusive Sony games, you just have to play them to understand.

As much as I want to I'm buying a 360s in 3 weeks. 

Also Kinect in November. My money is tied right now. With Reach and 4 Kinect games and Crysis 2 etc etc. PS3 is a no go for me this year.

You're seriously depriving yourself as a gamer.  I can't see how a hardcore gamer is willing to give up some excellect "traditional controller" games for a few shallow "wave your hands in the air" games.  It sound like it's more about the company than playing the games for you.  Well, I'm sure my message will fall on some open ears.

Um I have a Wife and 3 year old daughter. My wife wants Kinect and my daughter wants Kinectimals. 

I cant expect her to agree if I say no when she has supported my gaming habbit. Besides I will enjoy gaming with my daughter and wife on Kinect. :)