By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

thx1139 said:

Still expect more when the old SKUs are cleared out and the fall pricing/SKUs get released.  Fully expect the new 360 S to get reduce by $50 and new Arcade at $149.99 then the Kinect Bundles as well.  Not to mention it wasnt like it was east to get the new 360 S those 2 days they were on the market for the week in question.  I wouldnt be suprised to see the sales drop the 2nd week because of availability and then increase again this week or next when 360 S is back in stock.

I don't think the 2nd arcade bundle will be lower than $200. However i do think it will come with a 60-120gb drive so its a good deal considering before you didn't get a drive nor Wi-Fi. The slim "elite" should get a price drop to 250 though to compensate and leave space for the kinect bundle.

Around the Network
mundus6 said:
thx1139 said:

Still expect more when the old SKUs are cleared out and the fall pricing/SKUs get released.  Fully expect the new 360 S to get reduce by $50 and new Arcade at $149.99 then the Kinect Bundles as well.  Not to mention it wasnt like it was east to get the new 360 S those 2 days they were on the market for the week in question.  I wouldnt be suprised to see the sales drop the 2nd week because of availability and then increase again this week or next when 360 S is back in stock.

I don't think the 2nd arcade bundle will be lower than $200. However i do think it will come with a 60-120gb drive so its a good deal considering before you didn't get a drive nor Wi-Fi. The slim "elite" should get a price drop to 250 though to compensate and leave space for the kinect bundle.

Not the way HDD are priced.  For fall 250GB HDD will be the most cost effective drive. Why would MS sell an Arcade with a 60-120GB drive that costs more to produce than the model with a 250GB HDD?  If the new Arcade has storage it will be a USB stick 8GB or 16GB based on which is more cost effective.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

mundus6 said:
thx1139 said:

the Wifi in 360 is cheap and not dual band.

it could be that they price the arcade at $149 and then with KINECT the elite version at $249 but that will be tough concerning Kinect's price

selnor said:
zero129 said:
welshbloke said:
selnor said:
EncodedNybble said:

I would like to wager money, but can't actually ;)  So, what are the usual wagers on here, I put up a particular signature for a set period of time?

Sounds good. I realise now that 6 months is a long time. And that even 1 sale makes me lose. ROFL.

But I wont back out. I'm a man. :)

Being a man does not make this wager a fair one. He changed the rules on you. 1 week sales does not maketh a comeback. I would haggle for something a little bit more realistic as you will be hammered by the slightlest glitch but you point will still be valid.

Yep if i was you id keep to the bet that 360 total sales for the next 6 months will be above ps3, and 1 week of sales etc does not count but total sales, of every month from now till the end of the year.

Yeah lol. I know it's a lose for me. GT5 week should do it, unless Kinect release is then. Then I think 360 will stay on top. But hey, it's only fun. As long as the bet doesnt include changing my Lewis pic. ;)

i hate that lewis image as i don't like lewis or his smile

MASSA,ALONE the way to go

anybody betting SELNOR make that change

thx1139 said:
mundus6 said:
thx1139 said:

Not the way HDD are priced.  For fall 250GB HDD will be the most cost effective drive. Why would MS sell an Arcade with a 60-120GB drive that costs more to produce than the model with a 250GB HDD?  If the new Arcade has storage it will be a USB stick 8GB or 16GB based on which is more cost effective.

it will not have USB as it looks cheap to put in a USB for storage when you are buying a HOME console that sits in your living room

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
RaY_Z said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
deskpro2k3 said:

only in america

I think you will find a few other countries follwoing suit soon

Never heard so many excuses in all my life

That is not an excuse, it was simply a comment.

A comment/excuse.

Comments can be excuses and vise versa buddy =)

dictionary time 101;

Comment: To make a remark.

Excuse: An explanation designed to avoid or alleviate guilt or negative judgement.

@ jneul

embeding that way still doesn't work. don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Exactly... Thats pretty much what "only in america" conveys...

an explanation designed to avoid or alleviate guilt or negative judgement

;)

Solid_Snake4RD said:
thx1139 said:
mundus6 said:
thx1139 said:

it will not have USB as it looks cheap to put in a USB for storage when you are buying a HOME console that sits in your living room

Plenty of consoles have been bought without storage all together.  A console with 8-16GB of storage with a USB stick sticking out the back would be perfectly fine. Remember the new model has 5 USB ports.  Think that is for a reason.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
thx1139 said:
mundus6 said:
thx1139 said:

Plenty of consoles have been bought without storage all together.  A console with 8-16GB of storage with a USB stick sticking out the back would be perfectly fine. Remember the new model has 5 USB ports.  Think that is for a reason.

yeah alot of console have been bought without storage but it would look very bad to pack-in a USB storage with the device,standalone is alrite if MS do it

the new model has 5 USB ports doesn't mean they are for  Storage,how many ports do you use STORAGE for just one if you buy a USB external drive.

No console has been sold without storage what are you talking about? The old arcades came with memory cards, the newer came with internal memory. Since memory card ports are gone it will have internal memory or a harddrive, im guessing the latter, since why even bother with a redesign if you aren't gonna make the thing thats holding the console back the most, mandatory? Every game ever made for 360 runs better if you have a harddrive.

mundus6 said:

No console has been sold without storage what are you talking about? The old arcades came with memory cards, the newer came with internal memory. Since memory card ports are gone it will have internal memory or a harddrive, im guessing the latter, since why even bother with a redesign if you aren't gonna make the thing thats holding the console back the most, mandatory? Every game ever made for 360 runs better if you have a harddrive.

when did i say no console has been sold without storage

i am just questioning the idea of including a small ugly  USB hanging out of console for the storage part,better do a HDD like one in XBOX S