By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

selnor said:

Well done M$

Many asked why M$ didnt answer the PS3 slim and price drop last year. 

I guess now we know. 

Cant wait till 360s releases here July 16. 

I have mine preordered.

Well Done M$. Now do this for the rest of the year, and another boost from Kinect will give you fantastic sales and the highest in 360's history. 

The year of the Xbox. ;)

they actually did cut ELITE's price

Around the Network
mundus6 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mundus6 said:

When slim actually gets released in others it could surpass the wii. But i doubt it, since it will always be last in Japan.

Edit should be above PS3 (WW) for the rest of the year though, if not longer.

THAT IS FAR FETCHED for now as Wii will sell big time in holidays and PS3 too.just a weeks sales do not make 360 ousell them for rest of the year

I ment for a couple of weeks, but yeah probably not gonna happen more than 1-2, maybe 3 weeks. However i think Kinect will be big in the holidays. Whats gonna make Wii big in the holidays?

even if nothing,the Wii is still going to sell.you know when a COOL thing takes off it stays up even without anything supporting it

KINECT is the same as MOVE,it would have been better to release it earlier

with all the buzz ahead of it AND around it like GT5,HALO REACH,COD,MOVE, it might get lost.they needed to release it earlier to let it get some exposure like around HALO REACH release and make HALO REACH compatible so till the time holidays everybody knows.

Solid_Snake4RD said:

is this connection from this line or are you saying the move and kinect do the same things?

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Now all that remains to be seen is the effect of Kinect.

AussieGecko said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

is this connection from this line or are you saying the move and kinect do the same things?

no  i didn't mean its the same in its functions but the sales and how hard they both will have to pick the sales up

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
deskpro2k3 said:

only in america

I think you will find a few other countries follwoing suit soon

Are you thinking in particular about the 51st state?    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I think Xbox will be huge this winter...

And good to see the new Xbox is selling well.

Still expect more when the old SKUs are cleared out and the fall pricing/SKUs get released.  Fully expect the new 360 S to get reduce by $50 and new Arcade at $149.99 then the Kinect Bundles as well.  Not to mention it wasnt like it was east to get the new 360 S those 2 days they were on the market for the week in question.  I wouldnt be suprised to see the sales drop the 2nd week because of availability and then increase again this week or next when 360 S is back in stock.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Skeeuk said:

WOW they have all come out now as expected, laying quite all this time then coming out beating drums.

grats to microsoft, new redesign discounted consoles old4new trade-in has bumped the WW numbers by a large margin.

LOL, you almost make them look like snails or mushrooms after the rain...   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

zero129 said:
welshbloke said:
selnor said:
EncodedNybble said:

I would like to wager money, but can't actually ;)  So, what are the usual wagers on here, I put up a particular signature for a set period of time?

Sounds good. I realise now that 6 months is a long time. And that even 1 sale makes me lose. ROFL.

But I wont back out. I'm a man. :)

Being a man does not make this wager a fair one. He changed the rules on you. 1 week sales does not maketh a comeback. I would haggle for something a little bit more realistic as you will be hammered by the slightlest glitch but you point will still be valid.

Yep if i was you id keep to the bet that 360 total sales for the next 6 months will be above ps3, and 1 week of sales etc does not count but total sales, of every month from now till the end of the year.

Yeah lol. I know it's a lose for me. GT5 week should do it, unless Kinect release is then. Then I think 360 will stay on top. But hey, it's only fun. As long as the bet doesnt include changing my Lewis pic. ;)