By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

Hmm, I missed a couple of weeks but what the hell happend?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
selnor said:
oldschoolfool said:

Nothing unexpected. I'm fine with my 60GB/arcade 360.

Dont forget M$ had no price drop for 360s.

Tripling sales with nothing but a redesign ( and adding to the unit ) is very good.

Cant wait for it to release in EU.

$50 price drop on existing SKU's

Seece said:
Bullet100000 said:

When does the 360slim hit rest of the world?

July 16th in Europe, 24th June (just gone) in Japan

I wonder how well the 360 will do in those Markets.

Honestly, I did not expect 360 sales to jump this high because the Slim 360 is only available in the top of the line model. However after just being released in the Americas, 360 sales are higher in the Americas then the PS3 worldwide, and 360 is #1 in the Americas.

I bet were going to see a little fight for supperiority in Europe/Others for the superior (in terms of sales) HD console.

Still...WOW, if Kinect catches on, and Halo Reach does half as good as any previous Halo title... The 360 will have won against Sony in WW console sales. I mean that as in, at the end of the lifecycle.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

mundus6 said:
EncodedNybble said:

I predict that PS3 will overtake 360 sales again WW by August.  Just my prediction.  I expected more from the price cut and slim (though I know supply will be an issue).  Maybe I'll be served some crow later, who knows.  That's my prediction anyway.  :)

How can you be expecting more when its only out in 1 region and its sold out pretty much everywhere?

Pretty simple really.  I set an expectation based on the 1 region and the price cuts.  The sales didn't meet that expectation thus "I expected more."  I thought it was pretty straight forward.

steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:
oldschoolfool said:

Tripling sales with nothing but a redesign ( and adding to the unit ) is very good.

Yet it's the 360s thats basically sold out everywhere. A few places have a few left.

Around the Network

only in america. and i know people like to buy every new version or sku of the system..

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
kowenicki said:
EncodedNybble said:
mundus6 said:
EncodedNybble said:

I predict that PS3 will overtake 360 sales again WW by August.  Just my prediction.  I expected more from the price cut and slim (though I know supply will be an issue).  Maybe I'll be served some crow later, who knows.  That's my prediction anyway.  :)

How can you be expecting more when its only out in 1 region and its sold out pretty much everywhere?

Pretty simple really.  I set an expectation based on the 1 region and the price cuts.  The sales didn't meet that expectation thus "I expected more."  I thought it was pretty straight forward.

what did you expect and what do you expect going forward (next 4 weeks say)?  specifically.

I expected 200k this past week for 360 sales based on I expected about 250k-ish from America but also factored in the fact that it wasn't a complete week (I think) and potential supply issues.  Being down 20% from my prediction isn't close enough for me to say it met my expecations.

Next 3 weeks I expected (I am adjusting my expectations here based on this week's sales), 150k, 130k and 170k which would bring us up to the EMEAA slim launch (with a couple of days there at the end of the last week).

Perhaps I expected too much (I was counting on a lot of trade ins) and I might be wrong going forward.  Who knows, we'll see.  *Shrug*

zero129 said:

Hahaha, the amount of damage controll in here from some PS3 fans is just so funny..

Lol... i know...

im just getting entertained browsing their posts hahaha...

There Pretty insecure aren't they? lolz...

On the other hand, I wanna add to my slim collection =).

Pretty awesome couple of years first the ps3 slim, which has allowed me to watch blu ray movies now =) =) =) and of course enjoy their exclusives (especially GOD OF WAR 3... Ive lost count of how many times i replayed that game)), and now the 360 slim (natal and reach for me). Won't be getting the move cuz i already got a Wii.

The 360 slim comes out here down under on the 1st of July.. HURRY UP!!!!

Ps. I didn't expect the american numbers to jump that high! Pretty shocked when I saw the numbers. And there is no need for you sony fanboys to get insecure. Let the microsoft fanboys enjoy these increased sales =).

Not that impressive considering a huge portion of the jump in American sales is likely due to either existing 360 owners trading their old units in (Gamestop having an offer for people to trade in their old 360 for the Slim), and/or stores getting rid of that old 360 stock w/ price cuts.

In all honesty, I don't see how a glossier version of an old console, priced at $299, is significantly going to boost sales that much in the long term by itself.

selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:
oldschoolfool said:

Yet it's the 360s thats basically sold out everywhere. A few places have a few left.

I dont understand what youre trying to say here.....there was a $50 price drop on existing SKU's in the states 

You said there was no price drop when there was, i understand its not a long standing one, but you cant act like it had no effect on sales and every console sold was a Slim.

pretty much every gamestop in my area has $150 360's in stock.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductStoreAvailability.aspx?Variant=020047

All Best Buys

Granted these are just the $150 bundles...it seems the $250's cant be found anywhere and th eSlim itself is hit or miss.

But, i digress, since we are talking about last weeks sales anyway, the fact is there was a price cut, or if you want to get picky, less expensive versiosn by $50 across all stores.