By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

Nothing unexpected. I'm fine with my 60GB/arcade 360.

Around the Network

Great numbers for the 360 I was expecting far less weak one This summer will be far better sales battle wise than last year

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Euphoria14 said:

Oh my, it keeps going up!

3D Dot Game Heroes America

Week 1 - 38,123

Week 2 - 14,468

Week 3 - 11,798

Week 4 - 13,352

Week 5 - 19.059

Week 6 - 27,083

Might hit 200k next week

i was one of those! xD

a friend of mine asked me what i got and when i told him about it i think i sold him on the game too!

Price drops are already in effect in EMEAA (seen 360 Elite FM3 ODST bundle discounted by $100 from normal price), so the boost will be spread over more weeks until the Slim comes out. I expect EMEAA Slim effect to be on par with Americas so on launch week (taking account of cheap phats being sold over a 2 week period) I reckon 80-100K.

All things considered, adding launch weeks together it looks like 360 slim will come in at 250ish K. No idea what sort of sales it will settle in to. 10-15% over 2010 average leading in to holidays maybe WW? In Americas possibly more like 20% up. I don't expect 360S to do much in Japan, and I think 360S won't see as big a baseline in EMEAA as Americas.

Come November it's anyone's guess.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

June NPD should be interesting.

Around the Network
Seece said:

I don't see sales falling much now tbh, in America anyway, this will last a couple of months at least. Then they'll release a special edition Slim Halo console for september, after that we're going into the holiday and they'll launch the $149/$199 arcade, either close to or with Kinect

Why would a slimmer model, with no price drop sustain increased sales for 9 weeks in the middle of summer? When a $100 AND redesign in the immediate lead up to holidays didnt even have such an effect when the PS3 brand is stronger WW by in large thus giving it more territories to pick up sales?

Another thing: What's happening with the arcade version? Are they fading out too or they are going to stay longer? As far as I know there is only one Slim version, the US$299,00, so if they fade out the arcade now it will mean lower sales soon, right?

mundus6 said:

When slim actually gets released in others it could surpass the wii. But i doubt it, since it will always be last in Japan.

Edit should be above PS3 (WW) for the rest of the year though, if not longer.

THAT IS FAR FETCHED for now as Wii will sell big time in holidays and PS3 too.just a weeks sales do not make 360 ousell them for rest of the year

yo_john117 said:
dejelek said:

ps3  does everything except ylod can not stop xbox 360 slim redesign, good number

What lol?

Same. The only 360 Sku's I saw were the older models ... at 299.99 $ !

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

kowenicki said:

Shhould be even higher next week presumably? 

In the US it will have a full week and the price cuts have kicked in for the rest?

Lovely...

2010 is easily the best year for the 360 hardware sales wise.

whats the highes t 360 has sold in an year